Messy kitchen? Don’t worry, this next guest blogger with make it easier… errr, messier. :D
Lori and I got along when we talked about being messy in the kitchen. :D I love Lori’s sense of humor and her being so helpful. Or let me just say – I love anything about Lori. She’s such a sweet gal, kind and ready to lend a helping hand. What more would you expect from Lori?
Hmm, I know when you here of Lori’s name, the first things that would come to your mind are no-refine sugars and low glycemic food. But isn’t it amazing when she can turn naughty foods into healthy ones? Well, let’s see what Lori is bringing today –
It is no secret around these parts that I enjoy Jhuls greatly! She is giving, thoughtful, spunky, caring, and oh so funny!! <3
That is why when she asked for guest posters, there was no way I was going to say no….even with being busy unpacking, painting, cleaning, etc. When she thoughtfully said, ” I know you are too busy, you don’t have to push yourself. ” My quick response was, “No, I WANT to do it my friend! I WILL do it! ;-) <3 Please count me in!”
So, here I am Jhuls! I am so grateful for your friendship and am honored and delighted to get to do this for you!
What did I bring you? Well, something sweet of course! :-)
I loved these mini tarts! The delicious tastes of almond, cream cheese, and blackberries all mingled together!
Almond Shortcake Mini Tarts with Vanilla Almond Cream Cheese and Blackberries
*Created by Lori @ Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
(Low-glycemic, gluten free, no refined sugars.)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup honey + 1/2 cup honey for cream cheese topping
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract + 1 tsp for topping
- 1 tsp pure almond extract + 1 tsp for topping
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 package cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet in another. after they are mixed, combine them together and stir.
- Pour the batter into the mini tart pan….3/4 of the way full.
- Let cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Wash blackberries and set aside.
- While tarts are cooking, prepare the cream cheese topping by mixing the cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp almond extract, and 1/2 cup honey. Use a mixer to combine thoroughly.
- When the tarts have finished cooking and have cooled a bit, layer the cream cheese topping onto them, then add some fresh blackberries.
Big hugs Jhuls! <3 What a joy to do this for you and your readers! Hope you love these as much as I did! :-)
Wow! Lori! Did I tell you that your photos are amazing? As well as your tarts? :D How’d you do turning bad guys into good ones? That’s what you call a real talent. I also love Lori’s decoupaging talent. Just check this new post. Lori, what talents are you still hiding from us?
Please check out Lori’s blog if you haven’t. Enjoy this treat and have a lovely day! ;)
Thanks a bunch, Lori. <3