These peanut butter cookies are nutty, crisp bottom but still soft, not too sweet and perfect to dunk in milk or even to pair with tea
Do you like peanuts? Or any nuts? Hmm, how about peanut butter?
I remember my youngest sister eating peanut butter straight from the jar when she was little. She was lucky we didn’t share the same love for peanut butter. However, I loved (and still do) PB&J, especially the one with guava jelly – ohhh so so good! I could finish an entire bread loaf 😀 Just kidding… or maybe I’m not!
Where was I again?
Oh yes – peanut butter! I don’t know why I don’t like PB when it’s not with J. Well, it’s not that I really don’t like peanut butter like I don’t eat it, but I will avoid it if I can (more like of a love-hate relationship). My love-hate relationship with peanut butter is like my future – I can’t be sure of it. Just like when I saw these Soft Peanut Butter Cookies by A Dish of Sanity – I knew I had to try and check my relationship with PB.
I added peanuts coz I love, love peanuts. It is very dangerous to keep those in front of me so I decided to add them to these cookies.
Guess what?? I love the cookies – nutty, crisp bottom but still soft, not too sweet and perfect to dunk in milk or even to pair with tea. I love that crunchy texture from the peanut.
I kept some more than 4 days to check what will happen to them. The cookies got crispier like the ones you can buy from the store. I love both textures – soft and crispy and all gone.
I am taking these with me at Fiesta Friday # 201 (where did time go??) where Monika and I are co-hosting. Our Amazing Angie will be there, too. 😉 I hope you join us this week – food and friends = fun, right? Also, please visit other party goers as well. What’s fun in link and run??
Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, add peanut butter, butter, white and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer (or your stand mixer), beat until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, beat again until combined.
- In another bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt. Add this mixture to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until just combined. Place this in the fridge for one hour up to overnight to firm up.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F. Line couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop, take out about 1 ½ tbsp of dough and form into balls. Gently press chopped peanuts all over the dough (or you can roll them over peanuts). Place the cookie balls on a baking sheet, keeping 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom has turned brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further.
Source recipe: Best Soft Peanut Butter Cookies by Dash of Sanity
Note: If you want softer cookies, you can bake for 8-9 minutes. I like mine more on the crisp side, but still soft so I baked them longer.
Also sharing at