Imagine a large graham cookie topped with fluffy marshmallow and chocolate chips. That describes these delicious s’mores cookie bars – perfect with a cup of tea or with a glass of milk.
My brain is like my Google chrome browser that has so many tabs open. That is why my Google browser is my BFF. Apart from the actual happenings in my life that I need to think of, I have been thinking of trying out those recipes I’d love to try waaaay back! But it is overwhelming having all those recipes that I decided to close the tabs instead of minimizing them to go back later on.
I have been thinking of not visiting Instagram or my Facebook page coz I feel that I don’t want to see that much of food photos or recipes. But when my friend sent me few recipes to try, the mood suddenly changed. ‘Wow! That cake looks so divine! I am going to save that recipe!‘ See? I was torn between a cook/baker who gets so enthusiastic when seeing delicious-sounding recipes and a blogger who wants to take a break.
When I want to make something, but I don’t like to get new ingredients, I summon all the ingredients that are close to committing suicide to get out from their hiding place. Well, they are very obedient so they usually come out quickly. And when I realize that they are too many to handle – I get overwhelmed again like ‘Others, please go back to your hiding place. Sorry to summon you all, but I didn’t mean to call everybody out.’
Here we go – graham crackers, marshmallows and some leftover chocolate chips (whaaaat??) – an excuse to finally make these S’more Cookie Bars. And finally, one tab is closing! What a relief!
I love anything s’mores. Imagine a large graham cookie topped with fluffy marshmallow and chocolate chips. So it’s like a giant cookie with something close to a cake texture. Hmm, a large soft cookie? Yeah, something like that! (Sorry, guys, I am very bad at describing mostly anything. I only know how to describe ‘hunger’ and I know you know that, too.)
The source recipe used marshmallow creme, but as I said, I want to use whatever that’s very close to dying. These came out little soft (very fragile, let’s say), but these can be placed in the fridge before enjoying.
S'mores Cookie Bars
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ cup marshmallows*
- ½ cup chocolate semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 9×9 (or 8×8) baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add butter and sugar, and until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add in egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated.
- Add in baking soda, salt, flour and graham cracker crumbs. Mix until dough forms.
- Take out about ¾ of the dough and press onto the prepared baking pan.
- Above the dough, add in marshmallow and chocolate chips.
- Press the remaining dough over the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on the dough comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.**
*½ cup marshmallow cream can be used instead of marshmallows
**This came a little soft, so I placed it in the fridge to firm a bit before cutting and enjoying.
Source recipe: S’mores Cookie Bars by Something Swanky