Weird, but delicious!
Let me ask you –
Do you have weird food combinations? Do you eat something weird and nobody could understand? I am one of those people.
Let me give you an example:
I accidentally discovered that I love fried chicken and strawberry jam in a sandwich.
I love Milo on my rice when I eat scrambled egg or processed corned beef.
When I was a kid, I eat sunny side up eggs, broken down with my rice and add a little water and salt to it. Though I must admit that I still do that once in a while.😀
And I still cannot understand the combination of banana and peanut butter.
Uhm, how about cocoa powder and cauliflower? I know, right?
I bumped into a recipe, but I just cannot stop thinking about it and the only thing I have to do to understand is to try it.
You know I am not very good in describing how the food really tastes like, but these are so good. Maybe you just have to use your imagination.😛 These are also good with a splash of tahini sauce or maybe serve with hummus! Yum!😉
Cocoa Crusted Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sumac, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Prepare a parchment-lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa powder, smoked paprika, salt and sumac. Coat cauliflower florets in olive oil. Using a fork or tong, hold florets at the stems and sprinkle each with the cocoa mixture.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Serve immediately.
Source recipe: Cocoa Crusted Roasted Cauliflower by Apron Strings
Happy Fiesta Friday!
Always wishing you a blessed day and full of smiles.😀
I am also sharing at