My search for Alfredo recipe has finally ended. My previous attempts were good but I felt that there was something missing. I was looking for a flavor or something that I don’t know. Did you feel that?! That the food you eat is good but you know that you can add something to it or to make it better, or in this case… BEST! Yes, this is the best Alfredo recipe and thanks to Laura Vitale for showing me this. Hope you could smell this… it’s REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good!!! 😀
Penne Alfredo with Chicken
- 8 oz penne (or any pasta you like)
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream/whipping cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook your pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. Marinate for an hour.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook for few minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan. Let rest for 10 minutes and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Using the same pan, add the heavy/whipping cream and reduce the sauce for 5 minutes. Add the cheese and stir. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste. Add the chicken pieces and the drained pasta. Mix everything and enjoy right away! 😉
Source recipe: Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken by Laura Vitale