I haven’t eaten a pudding in my entire life! Well, I am afraid to try foods I am not familiar with. If I don’t see my mom eat it or buy it, I also don’t. But when I saw this pudding with Nutella, I had no second thought of trying it. Who doesn’t love Nutella? Nutella is so good with cupcakes, cakes, shakes, hot chocolate… and with pudding. I really didn’t have any idea what a pudding tastes like so I had to try one. I got the recipe from Steamy Kitchen.
- 3 croissants (preferably 1-2 days old)
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I used Pistachio, but almond would be great as well)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar, additional for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a small baking dish, 8 x 8 or 9 x 5 would work.
- Slice each croissant in half lengthwise then spread Nutella on one side. Put the halves back together to make sandwiches and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Add sandwich pieces and nuts to your prepare baking dish.
- To make the custard, add eggs, cream, vanilla extract, salt and sugar to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour the custard over the sandwich pieces then gently push down the bread so the custard starts to absorb.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes then remove the foil and continue to bake uncovered for about 10 minutes until the bread pudding is golden brown. The bread will rise slightly and the liquid is absorbed by the time the pudding is done.
- Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
When I finished baking this, I just can’t stop smelling it. I tried it as soon as I removed it from the oven. It’s good it did not burn my tongue. 😀
You can omit the powdered sugar and drizzle some Nutella just like what I did. You can serve this warm or cold. I like the cold one and I like to serve it with coffee.