Nutella Croissant Pudding
I haven’t eaten a pudding in my entire life! Well, I am afraid to try foods I am not familiar with. If I don’t see my mom eat it or buy it, I also don’t. But when I saw this pudding with Nutella, I had no second thought of trying it. Who doesn’t love Nutella? Nutella is so good with cupcakes, cakes, shakes, hot chocolate… and with pudding. I really didn’t have any idea what a pudding tastes like so I had to try one. I got the recipe from Steamy Kitchen.
3 croissants (preferably 1-2 days old)
3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar, optional
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Slice each croissant in half lengthwise then slather one side with Nutella. Put the halves back together to make sandwiches and cut into 2-inch pieces.
3) Add sandwich pieces and almonds to a small baking dish (I used 9 x 5 baking pan)
4) To make the custard, add eggs, cream, vanilla extract, salt and sugar to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
5) Pour the custard over the sandwich pieces then gently push down the bread so the custard starts to absorb.
6) Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes then remove the foil and continue to bake uncovered for about 10 minutes until the bread pudding is golden brown, has risen slightly and the liquid has been completely absorbed. Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
When I finished baking this, I just can’t stop smelling it. I tried it as soon as I removed it from the oven. It’s good it did not burn my tongue. :D
You can omit the powdered sugar and drizzle some Nutella just like what I did. You can serve this warm or cold. I like the cold one and I like to serve it with coffee.