How do you like your brownies? Cakey or fudgy? As for me, I love it fudgy. I like cakey brownies, too, but depending on my mood. I so love brownies and I love it with nuts. This time, I want to have it plain and simple. This lasted for two days. Is it a long time? Yes! Because in fact, I was about to finish it in a day but I just saved half for the next day. Hahaha!
Of course, this recipe is from one of my inspirations in baking, Laura Vitale.
- 5 ounces unsalted butter, room temprature
- 7 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp of warm water
- 1 tsp of instant espresso powder
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 8×8 baking pan and place parchment paper or aluminum foil with hanging on the sides so it can be removed/lifted easier later on.
- In a small bowl, mix warm water and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients: cocoa powder, all-purpose flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract and water-espresso mixture. Beat until all combined. Add the melted chocolate and mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients mixed above (#3) and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter in your prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with crumbs, but not wet batter.
- Let it stay in the pan for about 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Source recipe: Fudgy Brownies by Laura Vitale