Because today is my blog’s first month, I am so in the mood for blogging. I am always in the mood, by the way. It’s just that I ran out of words sometimes.
This has been waiting since last week and it slipped my mind due to some stuff I got busy with.
This is a version of my Filipino Spaghetti in which I add white sauce to it. Sometimes, I’d love to play with this recipe. There are several ways on how I put “heaven” in my Filipino Spaghetti. I don’t know if there’s any difference between serving-your-pasta-with-the-red-sauce-and-just-pour-the-white-sauce-over-it-and-mix and adding-your-red-sauce-to-the-white-sauce-while-cooking-your-white-sauce. Do I make any sense?? Hahaha! Anyway, I love to cook or mix it this way. 🙂
In the middle of cooking the white sauce, I add red sauce to it and simmer for a few more minutes. And this is how it looks with the pasta.
And the other one, baking my spaghetti with sauces – mix pasta with the red and white sauce, top with white sauce and more cheese.
And when I heat my pasta, I don’t heat it in the microwave. I do it on a skillet – sometimes, I just want to complicate things. 😀
1) In a skillet with medium heat, add 2 tbsp of butter.
2) When butter is melted, add the pasta. Add you red sauce and mix with the pasta. Wait for 5 minutes before adding the white sauce and the cheese.
3) Now, it’s done and you can transfer it to your plate.
Isn’t it obvious that I love butter so much and I love saucy pasta?
But I tell you, this is so, so GOOD!!! Some of my friends ask me on how I make my white sauce. Now, I want to share it to everyone. I know it’s easy to make white sauce and this may not be the best one… but this is how I make it. The cream cheese makes it more “oh-lala”! *hearty eyes*
Anyway, here’s my White Sauce recipe:
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 head of garlic, finely minced
1 cup heavy cream (or all purpose cream)
1 cup milk
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (if you have parmesan, better)
¼ tsp parsley flakes (optional)
¼ tsp garlic salt (optional)
½ cup spreadable cream cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1) In a medium heat, add butter into a saucepan and wait until melted.
2) Add the garlic and wait until it turns light brown but not burnt. Add flour and mix.
3) Add heavy cream, cream cheese (if using) and milk. Stir until combined. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Add cheddar cheese and mix with the sauce. If using, add parsley flakes and garlic salt.
5) Give it a taste test and add your salt and pepper.
I only have one problem with this pasta and this is the secret I am keeping for a long time… but now, it’s not anymore… Well, the thing about this is – I can’t eat more than I can manage! Hahaha! I feel so full in no time due to the white sauce, maybe. So, what I do is – eat a little then take a rest… eat a little and take a rest… and repeat! 😀
When I have left over red sauce, I sometimes mix it with the white sauce and I have a new food to serve. Who would notice that? 😀