So, after I gained my confidence in baking, I listed what I wanted to bake and cookies is one of them. I searched through the internet and found so many cookies recipes. I’d love to try cookies with white chocolate chips since I want to put mine to use before its expiry date. When I go to a store to buy my stocks for cooking and baking, I tend to buy more than what I have on my list. The ending? More foods stock up and later, I’ll have to think what to do with those when expiry date is coming. Ugh! It’s so good to see your kitchen shelves or your food storage box with LOTS of stocks, especially CHOCOLATES!!
When I saw this recipe on Cooking Classy, I had no second thought of trying it. They look so gorgeous!
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 6 tbsp all vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp red food coloring, or as needed
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add butter, shortening and sugar. Beat until pale in color (about 4 minutes).
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix.
- Add vinegar, vanilla and red food coloring. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Mix in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. Scoop out about 1 tbsp of cookie dough and roll into balls. Place them on a greased cookie sheet. Gently press about 6 white chocolate chip cookies on top of each cookie. In case you have flattened the cookies while doing so, make sure to reshape them back (rolled balls).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the baking sheets before moving them to a wire rack. Keep cookies in an airtight container.
Source recipe: Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies by Cooking Classy
I’ve eaten three cookies before I took a photo of this that’s why my milk is about to finish. 😀