Few weeks ago, I found some shrimps in the freezer and frozen mixed veggies. I wanted to cook Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Shrimps and Mixed Veggies but I didn’t have lemon with me. Since I have available pasta, I ended up cooking this. I was craving for pasta at the same time, so I gave it a try.
Spaghetti Alfredo with Shrimp and Mixed Veggies Recipe
- 200 g spaghetti pasta
- 10 pcs medium shrimp
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated cheese (parmesan or cheddar will do)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1) Cook the pasta according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
2) In a skillet/pan, sauté garlic in 1 tbsp of butter until fragrant and light brown. Add frozen mixed veggies, transfer to a container and set aside.
3) In the same skillet/pan, add the remaining butter and when melted, add the shrimps.
4) When shrimps turn orange in color, add milk, cream and half of the grated cheese. Let simmer for five minutes.
5) Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6) You are now ready to mix your sauce with the pasta. Serve on a plate and top with more cheese.
- You can add more milk and cream; just adjust the garlic powder, salt and pepper according to your taste.
I’ve enjoyed this pasta with all the sweetness of the veggies.