I am happy that the first two days of Ramadan is going smooth. To be specific with “going smooth” I meant I don’t overeat when it’s time to break the fast. For the past years of performing Ramadan, I always think about food during the day – what to cook and eat – and I eat more than I can handle. So, I always gain weight during this month. Hopefully this month, I will not. And this control I have will stay with me up to the end.
Today, I am going to share with you one of the recipes I’ve tried during Ramadan. It’s been a year now since the last time I’ve made this and that was my first attempt, too. I wanted to make this again but I always end up baking Banana Muffins. 😀 But one day was my lucky day because I was not craving for a Banana Muffins and I just missed these yummies so badly… So, I had to make them for the second time. 🙂
Jamaican Banana Fritters
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4, you may need more up to 1/2 cup
- brown sugar for sprinkling on top
- Mix the cinnamon sugar. Set aside. (You may adjust it according to your liking.)
- In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add in mashed bananas just until combined.
- While whisking, slowly add the flour to the mixture.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup of milk. If the batter is too thick, add milk little by little.
- In a medium heat, heat oil in a frying pan. When hot enough, add about spoonfuls of the batter and flip when edges start to brown.
- Transfer to a plate with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top. (If your are friends with cinnamon, you can mix 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar.)
Source recipe: Jamaican Banana Fritters by That’s So Yummy
I just used brown sugar to sprinkle on top of these yummies because cinnamon is not a good friend of mine and I am so sad about that. You can serve this for breakfast, snack, or just anytime of the day. But for me, I love to serve this for breakfast. 🙂