Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. You can choose from varieties of breakfast ideas: cereals, pancakes, waffles, French toast, eggs, hotdogs and for those whose tummies are not used to eating during breakfast, they will have coffee or hot chocolate. Sometimes, to be honest, I find it hard to make up my mind on what to serve for breakfast due to the choices I have. At times, I would love to have pancakes alone with a cup of coffee, or French toast and egg and of course, with a cup of coffee. There are times, I’d love rice, hotdogs, scrambled egg and a glass of juice or iced tea. Also, there are times that I’d like to have a “heavy meal” for breakfast.
What I am going to share today is another favorite breakfast of mine. We call this TAPSILOG.
TAPa (Beef Tapa), SInangag (Fried Rice) and ItLOG (Egg).
Before we can call this meal a TAPSILOG, we should make the Beef Tapa first. By the way, Beef Tapa is a cured beef. I think it should be dry but mine was not dry at all. I prefer it with a little “sauce”.
- 500g beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a container, combine soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar and mix well. Set aside
- Place the beef in another container or in a ziplock bag.
- Pour the mixture you made in #1 with the beef. Give it a good mix.
- Marinate in the fridge overnight or 12 hours.
- In a pan, add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Place in the marinated beef and cook until the water evaporates.
Serve with fried sunny side up eggs (or scrambled) and fried rice. 🙂
Note: You can skip the above procedure and directly fry the beef in oil.
Source recipe: Beef Tapa by Panlasang Pinoy