Steak is one of the foods I have not mostly eaten. I’ve tried eating steak but when dining out. I have not tried making it myself. Apart from the high cost of beef, I also find it difficult to cook – I meant the waiting time is difficult, haha! There was a day when I was browsing the internet for beef recipes and have seen many steak recipes. I told myself, maybe it’s time for me to make one. But because I was so lazy when it comes to grilling, I decided to get myself a grill pan. The grill pan stayed unused for weeks; I didn’t have the chance to try cooking a steak. Instead, I’ve made a Grilled Sandwich. That was funny. The grill pan was waiting to be used so used it… for a sandwich. 😀
I was a bit hesitant to post this because I think this is a very easy recipe, but I’ll post it anyway. 🙂 Maybe it would help those beginners make their own grilled sandwich. Before, I thought you need a special equipment to make a grilled sandwich but I was wrong.
So, you’ll need:
- 2 slices of bread (if you’re making for yourself only)
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
- 3-4 thin slices of tomato (or more if you like, I used 6 because I don’t have any other veggies to add)
- Salt and pepper
- Butter or olive oil to brush the bread
And here’s what to do:
- Brush one side of the bread with olive oil or butter. Then put the bread on the pan, with the greased side facing down, to give the bread a crunchy outside and to brown. I used olive oil because I don’t have butter at the moment I made this.
- Put one slice of cheese.
- Add the tomatoes (or if you’re using other veggies aside from tomatoes, do it now). Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the other slice of cheese.
- Add the second slice of bread you have, with the greased side facing up.
- Turn on the heat on medium and wait until one side is cooked. Flip and cook the other side.
- Eat immediately to enjoy the crunchiness and to enjoy this sandwich full of deliciousness!! 🙂
You can also try different combos. I also tried with cheese and nuggets; I forgot to put ketchup and mayonnaise. 😦
For the nuggets, you’ll just need:
- 3 fried chicken nuggets, chopped into small pieces or you can put it as it is
- 2 slices of cheese (I used cheddar)
- Mayonnaise and ketchup, depending on how much you’d like to put
You just have to follow the instructions given above.
Note: You can use a regular pan. My grill pan was waiting for weeks to be used, so I did. 🙂 You can also use a Panini grill/pan if you have it. I have also tried using butter instead of olive oil and I find it better. But if you’re scared of butter, olive is fine. 🙂
For more grilled sandwich ideas/combos, you can check this out.