Yes, Banana again! I told you, I love Bananas!! 😀
But today, Banana is not going solo – it’s going to be Banana + chocolate. What’s not delicious about that? Anyway, this is my fist attempt of baking this and I was so happy that it looked so lovely and yummy.
Just look at these…
Beautiful, aren’t they? What I love about these muffins are the bananas aren’t very overpowering. The balance between the chocolate and the bananas are just perfect.
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add in chocolate chips to coat. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix bananas, oil and egg.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Scoop out batter to the prepared muffin tin, filling each three fourths full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Source recipe: Double Chocolate Banana Muffins by Meg’s Everyday Indulgence