Let me start this post by saying that this is the best breaded chicken I have ever cooked!!
Okay, before I give too much credit for this chicken, let me just go back to the day I’ve made this.
It was dinner time already and I still haven’t cooked anything. I let the chicken breast out of the fridge a few hours earlier but I really didn’t have any idea what to do with it. Soon, I came up with the idea of making a fried chicken. But I wonder how can I make a good fried chicken with a chicken breast, considering that this part of chicken is not my favorite at all… I checked for available breading I have and I found Panko, then I knew what to do.
Panko Breaded Chicken Breast
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into desired size
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Vegetable oil/Cooking oil
- Mix all ingredients except for Panko.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or you may use deep fryer if you have.
- While waiting for the oil to heat, remove chicken pieces from the batter and coat with Panko.
- Deep fry chicken until golden brown and put paper towels to remove the excess oil.
This may be a very simple breaded chicken but what I loved about this is that even if the chicken is not freshly fried, it will still give you same taste – delicious and delicious! Haha, that’s double deliciousness!
The fun part was I was not planning to take a photo of this nor put this on my blog. I was eating my dinner and hastily, I took the camera and took a shot! My tummy told me that I should share this recipe, simple but very delicious!! I felt sorry for myself because I only fried few. 😀
I never tried making a Japanese bread crumbs at home, but if you’d like to try, just click here. I always use a store-bought Panko. But if not lazy, I will try making one. 😉