I am amazed with kids learning to cook at an early age. I also have my siblings who are already exposed in the kitchen since my Mom passed away. My youngest sister is in fact, a member of a school organization which has something to do with cooking and baking. I call her My Little Chef. I asked myself, how do kids know that they like cooking or baking? I even want to answer that myself, recalling the times when I was in the kitchen with my Mom, but I did not get any answer. Maybe at that time, you just feel like doing what you like – whatever interests you.
Checking WordPress Reader has been part of my day since I joined this wonderful community. While I was on the Reader, I noticed the recipe of Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies on Emu’s Eats and clicked it. I was surprised when I found out that it was her sister writing the post… and baking cookies. I immediately clicked the bookmark button. After a few weeks, I finally baked those cookies.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth (about 3 minutes). Add egg, corn syrup and vanilla. Mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Add in chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Scoop out about 1tbsp of cookie batter and place on the baking sheet, with about 2 inches gap on each cookie batter. Flatten slightly each cookie batter.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stay in the baking sheet for about two minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Source recipe: Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies by Emus Eats (I think the blog site has been changed or deleted) Anyway, thank you, Ema & Katie.
The cookies were soft, chewy and DELICIOUS!! After eating many cookies, I found it sweeter. I think I would lessen the sugar the next time I make them. Yes! I will definitely make them again.