It’s been days that I have not read a book. I was planning to finish more books this month than the previous month, but how can you read when your head and eyes hurt? So bad, huh? Maybe that’s what I get from checking the iPod/iPad for notifications as soon as I open my eyes in the morning (or even in the middle of the night). Okay! I will try to refrain from doing that next time. Haha!
Anyway, let’s get to the food post…
For the intention of not throwing the remaining vegetable from the previous dishes I cooked, I decided to sauté them – just plain sautéing.
I had remaining string beans and lettuce and planned to sauté them with garlic, tomatoes and lots of tomatoes and crack an egg on them. I have even imaged serving them with fried fish and rice – yum! But due to my boredom in the kitchen, I put some sweet soy sauce and roasted chili paste, not even knowing how it will turn out. But when I made a taste test, I realized that boredom sometimes really does something good… and yummy! So without further ado, let me share with you this accidental yummy dish I had.
String Beans in Sweet Soy Sauce Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cup string beans, cut into 2 inches long
- 1 cup lettuce, sliced into your liking
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 3 tsp roasted chili paste
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- After all ingredients have been prepared, heat pan on medium.
- Sauté garlic in oil and let it brown for minute. Add onion, tomato and half of the cherry tomatoes of using. Cook for a minute. Add roasted chili paste.
- Add string beans and cook for a few minutes. Add sweet soy sauce.
- Add lettuce and the remaining cherry tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Add water; crack the egg and season with salt to taste. You may add pepper if desired.
- Serve with white rice and fried fish. Enjoy! 🙂
If you’d like to leave out the roasted chili paste, you may add in crushed pepper flakes, 1 tsp will do. But you will not get the same color as mine. Just experiment on this and let me know if you do. I will be glad reading feedback. 🙂