“I am not hungry. But, I am bored. Therefore, I shall eat.”
I think the quote above applies to me every single time. As others say… watch what you eat when you are watching TV. If others eat chips or popcorn while on their movie time, I eat whatever I want to eat – pasta, dessert… anything I could grab from the candy/chocolate box or from the fridge. And to the fact that my candies and chocolates are just beside the TV, I don’t think I could tell myself not to get some. Also, there are times that I feel so bored but I am so lazy to do something. So what I do is eat and eat. I know it’s very bad but I just can’t help it, or maybe I just don’t want to avoid those things.
Several days ago, I weighed myself and I was not surprised that I gained almost 3kg. With all the cakes, pasta, cupcakes, fried foods, rice and other sweets? I should not be surprised at all. So I thought I should start a ‘change’ if I don’t want additional unwanted fats/calories inside my body.
To start with the ‘change’, I am starting off with a healthy smoothie.
I have read somewhere in the Internet that this smoothie is an energy booster so it is recommended at breakfast time. But as for me, I love to drink it anytime I want. I make sure to have a glass or two almost everyday. It’s not bad, right? Please tell me, it’s not.
Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stem removed
- 1/3 cup low fat plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup skimmed milk or low fat milk
- Slice your bananas into thirds and you strawberries into half. This is for the blender to do its work easily. Then, put everything in a blender and pulse until well blended.
- Transfer to a glass and drink immediately.
- I used ripe banana but not the super ripe banana that I use for baking. I just used a banana with ‘black spots’ on the skin.
- Of course, wash your Strawberries, too. And for storage, keep your Strawberries inside the fridge on a loosely covered container.
- If you could get organic fruits, it is better.
- You may also add sweetener if desired.
I am not a Strawberry fruit lover but I love this smoothie and I also started eating the fruit itself.
Also, this is another way of putting yogurt into my system as I don’t want eating them alone.
I hope you would see more healthy smoothies/juices here on my blog. So, what do you think? Is this a good start? 🙂
Did you Know?
Strawberries are a member of the rose family, which is characterized by showy flowers with five separate petals. Strawberries are the only fruit with their seeds on the outside. (Source: Healthy Eating)