I am back with a dish that I don’t serve that often. As others say, serving this often is not good for the body. Is it true? We call this ‘Kinilaw’ or ‘Kilawin’ in the Philippines. Even my Mom, she was not making this that often. I think the rumors are true??
I love my Mom’s version of this. She used to include coconut milk and tomatoes in addition to the usual ingredients seen everywhere. It was not that sour but it was so delicious.
Anyway, here’s my version of Fish Fillet Ceviche – simple and easy to do.
Fish Fillet Ceviche
- 500g fish fillet, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 3 cups + 6 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 lemons (or more if necessary), or juice from fresh Calamansi but you’ll need more
- 1 green mango, sliced or chopped
- 3 tbsp onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- Cucumber, diced
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- In a bowl, combine sliced fish fillet and 2 cups vinegar. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the vinegar. Add 1 cup of vinegar and juice from 2 lemons. Let sit for 30 minutes. When completing 30 minutes, drain the liquid from the fish fillet.
- Add green mango, onion, ginger, cucumber, salt, 6 tbsp of lemon juice and 6 tbsp of vinegar.
- Give it a good mix and do some taste test. Adjust according to your liking.
I love this dish. How about you? Have you tried making this? Do let me know how do you make your Ceviche and I will be glad to try it.
Have a blessed weekend, everyone! 😉