Sorry! I ate my words!
I said I will not bake for the month of November… but this is an exemption because these yummies were baked by request. Of course, I had the opportunity to eat some. Ohhh! I did not eat too much. I am still disappointed with not losing any pound for a week (or I think two). So I will not indulge.
This has been posted in May – as you can see in the comments below – but I was so much happier when I baked this couple of days ago as they were bigger just like the way I remember it. I was arguing with my brain if these should be called cupcakes or muffins. Anyway, they can still fit into tea cups so they can still be called cupcakes.
Aren’t they beautiful? I love them with more cheese so I added another half cup of cheese to the below recipe to make it 1 1/2 cups. Okay, so I baked 12 muffins and on the next day, I baked another 12. Really, I just baked this by request.
Okay! I also missed this so when I was told to bake, I said ‘SUUUREEEEE!’.
Cheese Cupcake has been a favorite in our school during break time. I always had this and even bought some to bring it home. It’s been
eons years since I have graduated from grade school and I just missed eating this. Good thing I found a recipe from My Bright Yellow Kitchen and saved it for my baking experiment.
This is something that reminds me of my grade school days.
Cheese Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 8 oz condensed milk
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin pan lined with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, add softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat using an electric mixer.
- Pour in the flour mixture in thirds alternating it with condensed milk.
- Add in half of the cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Divide with your paper-lined muffin pan, 3/4 full.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes.
Source recipe: Pinoy Cheese Cupcakes by My Bright Yellow Kitchen
Keep in an air tight container for 5 days at room temperature.
I really enjoyed this and I hope you give them a try. It’s very easy to do but delicious. This is perfect for your kid’s snack at home and in school, too.
Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend as I did. 😉