Welcome to the 75th food post of thenotsocreativecook! I hope Effie Trinket could do the intro for me. 😀
Mmm, sorry about that! I am just so happy to share that after a long time of waiting, Catching Fire finally made it to the big screen. I was so happy that my eyes were twinkling when I get to watch the movie last week. What I liked about the movie was… the story is almost the same as the book. Of course, it’s the same. What did I just say? I meant the scenes in the book and the movie are exactly the same. I cannot remember a thing that has been changed. I loved the movie so much – it was heartbreaking, yet, nicely done. For sure, I’d watch the movie again and again. 😀
Anyway, after the 75th HG (The Hunger Games) craziness, let me bring you the 75th food post:
This was made months ago but I think this salad deserves to be shared.
In the Philippines, Chicken Macaroni Salad is usually served as a side dish. Also, it can be served as a dessert.
I have known this salad for a long time but I cannot remember if my Mom had made this. I have tried it only when dining out. Although this salad is popular in the Philippines, I have not tried making it. But when dining out, I always want to have this as my side dish. I think less than a cup of this salad will be fine.
One day, my friends and I met somewhere and one of them handed me a container with Chicken Macaroni Salad and when I opened it, it smelled so good. I asked them if they have brought a spoon or anything I can use to eat. One of them gave me a Hello Kitty spoon from her niece’s lunch box! Haha! I don’t think the niece will find it out so I took the spoon and ate. 😀 (Of course, along with the salad, I took the spoon with me at home. The aunt approved, anyway.) Since then, I told myself I would make one. And I did.
Chicken Macaroni Salad
- 400g macaroni pasta
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ sandwich spread (commercialized sandwich spread)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 34/ cups pineapple tidbits
- ¾ to 1 cup cream (Nestle cream/thick cream)
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- 1 cup cheese, chopped or grated
- Cook the macaroni according to instructions. Set aside and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Boil the chicken until cooked. Let cool and shred. Set aside.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients.
- When the pasta is ready (cooled), you can mix it with the sauce as well as the shredded chicken.
- You can take a bite and check if everything is fine with you. If yes, you can put the salad inside the fridge for at least one hour (depending on your fridge).
- Serve cold.
- If using a thin cream (Not heavy cream, please!), start from ½ cup.
- I used the sandwich spread ’Lady’s Choice’. You can use other brand (of course) but you have to adjust it according you your taste.
From the time I have made my first Chicken Macaroni Salad, this has been an instant favorite of mine. 🙂
I haven’t made this in months and I am actually craving for this RIGHT NOW but I just can’t make one because I might forget that I am trying to
die lose weight. But I will make this again… I will. 😀