I love Nutella. I love Chocolates. I love cookies. If they’re put into one? Amazing, right? Cookies are one of the perfect pick-me-up snacks.
Bake a batch or two, store them in a cookie jar or in an air-tight container and you’re ready to pick them up anytime. It can be while watching TV, reading a book or chatting with your loved ones. Writing these lines makes me want to bake these cookies again so I have something to munch while doing this post.
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Melted Nutella for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add in sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Add in egg and beat just until combined. Add in Nutella and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add them to the mixture and mix to incorporate.
- Add in chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of dough and form into balls. Place the cookie dough on the prepare baking sheet 2-inch apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are crispy, but center is still a bit soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on on baking sheet for 10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to continue cooling.
- Drizzle with melted Nutella if desired.
Source recipe: Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies by Espresso and Cream
- The original recipe calls for ½ cup Nutella, but I suggest making them ¾ cup if you want rich Nutella flavor. It also calls for melted semi-sweet chocolate for the drizzle but I again suggest replacing it for melted Nutella. Well, if you want more Nutella flavor.
- For additional Nutella flavor, hazelnut extract can be used or 2 teaspoon of Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur) can be used. I did not use this because I don’t consume alcohol.
- Keep in an air-tight container. If using chocolate or Nutella drizzle, you can also keep them inside the fridge before serving if you want your drizzle to set.
These cookies were super! They were almost thin but still chewy on the inside. If I don’t have a long list for cookie recipes, I would make this again.
I am sure you’ll all love this!! Hope you try them and let me know. Wishing everyone a lovely weekend! 😉