I love Nutella. I love Chocolates. I love cookies. If they’re put into one? Amazing, right? Cookies are one of the perfect pick-me-up snacks.
Bake a batch or two, store them in a cookie jar or in an air-tight container and you’re ready to pick them up anytime. It can be while watching TV, reading a book or chatting with your loved ones. Writing these lines makes me want to bake these cookies again so I have something to munch while doing this post.
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Melted Nutella for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add in the sugar and beat until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the egg and beat until combined. Beat in the Nutella, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla until well combined.
- Beat in the flour until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts by hand. Scoop dough by large tablespoons and form into balls. Place, about 2 inches apart, on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are crispy and center is still slightly soft. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes on baking sheet. Finishing cooling on wire rack.
- Drizzle with melted Nutella, if desired.
These cookies were super! They were almost thin but still chewy on the inside. If I don’t have a long list for cookie recipes, I would make this again.
- The original recipe calls for ½ cup Nutella, but I suggest making them ¾ cup if you want rich Nutella flavor. It also calls for melted semi-sweet chocolate for the drizzle but I again suggest replacing it for melted Nutella. Well, if you want more Nutella flavor.
- For additional Nutella flavor, hazelnut extract can be used or 2 teaspoon of Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur) can be used. I did not use this because I don’t consume alcohol.
- Keep in an air-tight container. If using chocolate or Nutella drizzle, you can also keep them inside the fridge before serving if you want your drizzle to set.
I am sure you’ll all love this!! Hope you try them and let me know. Wishing everyone a lovely weekend! ;)