I wondered why there are recipes called ‘Impossible’ blah, blah, blah! Now I know why…
My sweetened shredded coconut was waiting for a long time to be used. But since it will expire on 2014, I let it wait for a little longer. I always have a problem with soon-to-be expired ingredients as I tend to buy more when I stop by at a store I don’t usually visit. I always try to organize the yummies I’d like to bake but some things (I mean the soon-to-be expired ingredients) will just pop up and get in the way. Thankfully, I got rid of them few weeks ago and finally had the chance to use my sweetened shredded coconut.
One pack of the shredded coconut can make two yummies, depending on the quantity you need. My first choice was Impossible Coconut Pie. And I was glad that was my first choice. I love anything with coconut. And this coconut pie is insanely delicious!!
Impossible Coconut Pie
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish or round baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix to incorporate.
- Add in coconut and mix.
- Add in flour and mix just until combined.
- Pour in the batter into the prepared pie dish/baking pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until pie is dark golden and darker at the edges. The pie will be firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Keep the pie covered in the fridge.
Source recipe: Impossible Coconut Pie by Blue Eyed Bakers
I don’t have a pie dish so I just used a round baking pan. Nothing differs at all.
This coconut pie is insanely delicious!!!
If I get to catch sweetened shredded coconut again, I promise to make this again!!