I am not a 100% fan of Oreos. Yes, I love Oreo Milkshake! I love Oreo Truffles! And I think I will love anything with Oreo, but not the Oreo itself. So that makes me less than 100% fan, right? Anyway… regardless of that, I’ve always wanted to bake something with Oreos. I have searched and bookmarked few recipes but nothing came into actual baking!
It’s been months since the last time I bought Oreos (because I really don’t eat them as biscuits). When I bought some, that’s because I wanted to make an Oreo Milkshake!
Few weeks back, I have bookmarked another recipe with Oreos (again!). But this time, I finally made them.
Oreo Overload Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 & 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped Oreos
- For the Streusel: 1/2 cup finely diced Oreos combined with 3 tbsp softened butter until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare and line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix vegetable oil, egg and cream. Pour this mixture to the dry mixture and mix just until well combined.
- Add in chopped Oreos.
- Sprinkle streusel over the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the muffin pan for few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Source recipe: Oreo Overload Muffins by On Sugar Mountain
The muffins were like Oreo Milkshakes (or Cookies and Cream)… in muffin forms!! I can tell you that they were absolutely awesome!!