My diet was supposed to be done last month, but my eating of rice became everyday instead of weekends ONLY. I really didn’t know why that happened, but I don’t want to go back to that. What’s done is done! I did not lose any weight and I did not gain, either. No much worries. I will not push myself too far, but I will try to be better than last month. So, NO CRAVINGS ALLOWED!
But…this cookie craving could not be ignored. I’ve been eating store-bought oatmeal cookies for more than a week and I thought, Why not bake some? I’ve always wanted to bake oatmeal cookies, too, so I think this might be the right time.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup + 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats (I used quick-cooking, but old-fashioned will do)
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add in flour mixture.
- Take about 1 rounded tablespoon of the cookie dough to your prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten using your fingers.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cook for a minute on the baking sheets and transfer to a wire rack to cool further.
- Store in an an air-tight container for 5 days.
Source recipe: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by County Baker Mom
At first, I wanted to cut the recipe in half as I know this will yield more than 30 cookies (I made 35, btw) and for me, it’s too much. When I was done baking and ate one, I thanked myself that I did not cut the recipe into two. 😀 These cookies are absolutely delicious – not too sweet. Thank you, Joice, for this yummy recipe.
P.S. Joice was my classmate and best friend when we were in grade school. It was nice how we share the passion for food. She’s also one of the few people who convinced me to create a blog. 🙂