How are you, my dear friends?
I’ve been busy the past few days and I have not spent enough time with my blog. Somehow, I’ve managed to see the WordPress reader and leave comments and like some of your posts – thankfully. I promise to visit your awesome blogs when I have more time (one whole day, please!). I am also upset that I have not read even a single page of the book I started reading yesterday (booklover problems).
All I can do for today is to write something for my post.
I can’t believe that half a bag of shredded coconut stayed in the fridge for more than a month and I had a difficulty choosing from several yummy recipes. I have not made up my mind for days and when I decided to choose one, I did not regret it.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, soft together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Add in sugar and coconut, and mix until well combined.
- In a jug or bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add sugar and coconut, and stir to mix. Make a well in the center and add in the wet ingredients. Mix until everything is incorporated, making sure not to overmix the batter.
- Pour in the prepared baking pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool the baked bread in the pan for about 30 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Source recipe: Coconut Bread by Smitten Kitchen
Well, for a coconut lover like me? This bread is absolutely yummy – great for breakfast or anytime of the day. I was so excited to cut, eat a slice and did not wait for the bread to cool completely that I almost hurt my tongue! I’ll try to be careful next time… or better be patient. 😛