When I said there is no such thing as too many cookies, I meant it, really! Because I love this recipe so much – thank you to my friend, Joice – I made a batch with chocolate chips and without anything – just plain, yummy oatmeal cookies.
By the way, what’s keeping you busy this weekend? Any new recipe you’d want to try? Well, I would love to try new recipes, but I would also require myself to have one day rest (exhausted much?) and just stay in bed and read. Ahh! Reading again. Sounds amazing! 😀
Okay! Back to the recipe…
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup + 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats (I used quick-cooking, but old-fashioned will do)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, place the chocolate chips and add about 1 tbsp flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add in flour mixture. Mix. Lastly, add in the chocolate chips-flour mixture. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Take about 1 rounded tablespoon of the cookie dough to your prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten using your fingers.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cook for a minute on the baking sheets and transfer to a wire rack to cool further.
- Store in an an air-tight container for 5 days.
Really can’t get enough of cookies, eh?
What I love about these cookies, they are not too sweet – just enough. I love sweets but not too sweet, Makes sense? 😛
Wishing everyone an amazing weekend! xx