What’s so special about Nutella? Well, aside from I love nuts, I also love chocolate. (That’s obvious!) And Nutella makes anything perfect. And eating Nutella alone is even more perfect. And… I don’t think I’ll have to tell everything I love about Nutella. Nutella lovers would agree with me all the way. 😉
Though I haven’t tried Nutella on everything, I know anything with Nutella is perfect. One of the things I’ve always wanted to try is Banana Muffins with Nutella. Well, I have tried spreading Nutella on Banana Muffins, but I haven’t tried putting some at the top of the batter just before baking them. I bought a not-so-big jar of Nutella and before they’re gone – and I have some ripe bananas – I think it’s just right to make some Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins. 😉
Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 12 spoons of Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Line a 12 piece muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the first 5 ingredients and mix until all combined.
- In another bowl, add the rest of the ingredients. Then add it to your wet ingredients.
- Using a large ice cream scoop (or tablespoon) divide the batter into your muffin pan.
- Take 1 spoonful of Nutella and put it on top of the batter and using a toothpick of wood skewers (or anything that would help), swirl around the Nutella. Do with the remaining batter.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- You can also put Nutella in the middle of the batter: scoop batter into muffin liners, half-full. Put spoon of Nutella (or less) and cover with another muffin batter. Do the same with the rest or just Nutella swirl for the others – it’s up to you.
- For better swirling, microwave the Nutella for few seconds (15 seconds will do) before using.
I’ve used the same Banana Muffins recipe I have on the blog. As I’ve said a hundred times, I am using the recipe over and over again. I loved the Nutella swirl on top, especially the burnt one. 😀
But, let me tell you another combo I am crazy about – Nutella and cheese, specifically cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Sometimes, when I don’t know what I really want in bread – if Nutella or cheese – and I want only one slice of bread… well, I put a spoonful of Nutella on one side and cheese on the other. 😀