It was my Mom’s birthday and I was sure I was going to curl up in bed and do nothing if I have not went out. Thankfully, I found something to buy that made me smile and forget the ‘depression’ I felt. When I arrived home, I was grateful that I was so tired to think of something else. After doing the ‘before-going-to-bed’ routine, I went to check WordPress notifications and I was delighted to have been nominated again for the Liebster Award by Beauty and the Butcher. Her blog talks about life, food, fashion, crafts and all things mid century. Whew! Those were a lot to talk about. Anyway, I adore her. 😉 She’s so cute! Just look at these photos. 😀 Thank you so much for thinking of me. Hugs to you… ❤
The award came with questions and I must say that I really thought of my answers. 🙂 Here they go:
- How do you spell the color of an elephant and why? Uhm, do we get grades on this? 😀 I sometimes spell it ‘gray’ or ‘grey’. But most of the time, I use ‘gray’ because when I was in grade school the spelling on my crayon is ‘gray’. So I get used to ‘gray’ until I found out that it also could be spelled as ‘grey’.
- Do you have an innie or an outie? (This may seem a little personal but it’s always been something that sort of fascinated me…) This question made me laugh. 😀 I think it’s a little personal but I’ll answer it anyway – innie. 😉
- What was your favorite childhood book? I was not much of a reader when I was a child. So I guess I would say my English books in school. 😀
- If you could have dinner right now with anyone dead or alive, who would it be? I would say my Mom. She passed away three years ago and I just missed her so much. 😦
- What’s your position on cilantro? It’s really a love or hate type of herb… Hmmm, I think Cilantro has a stronger smell than Parsley and I don’t really hate it… but if I could replace Cilantro with other herbs with lighter smell, I would.
- What movie or show can you pretty much quote every single line from? I keep on watching Percy Jackson (Lightning Thief and Sea of Monsters) so I would say I could remember lines from those movies and I sometimes say the same lines with the cast. 😀
(I would just like to say at this point that I am running out of questions and am really mad for not writing this earlier when I had some REALLY good questions in my brain)
- What is your favorite breakfast cereal? Koko Krunch.
- Why are yawns contagious? Seriously, someone please tell me. Whoa! Yawns are really contagious… I just yawned. 😀 I think I am not that person who can tell you the answer. Sorry! 😦
- What is your hidden talent, like if you had to perform on “America’s Got Talent”, what would you do? Mmm, if the judges don’t mind me sewing (simple stuffs without sewing machine) for the whole day, I would go with it. Otherwise, I don’t have any ‘hidden’ talents. 😛
- What motivates you? Tough! I would go with ‘results’. For example, I am so lazy to do exercises or tempted to eat fast-foods for days or weeks… I’d think of the results of doing the exercise or resisting eating fast foods. Like, what could I get when I exercise everyday or at least 4 x a week? What do I get from resisting fast foods and eating veggies and fruits? Yeah, things like that make me motivated to continue what I am doing.
- If you could choose, would you have curly or straight hair? I love and embrace my curls but am always curious about others… I always love to have curly hair. I have long straight (but wavy) hair.
And the best part is having the chance to pass this award to others. CONGRATULATIONS!!! These blogs are my new found friends and if you have not checked their blog, go and check them now! 😀
- Feeding my 3 Sons – Gretchen has 3 cute boys. She started her blog after countless request of recipes. She shares various recipes and has stunning photos, too.
- Ohhh Biscuits – Meet Meagan! She shares her life story. She is a wife a wife, mother, avid knitter, TV addict, crafter, baker… general nerd and toy addict. I love her freezer meals ideas.
- Night Owl Kitchen Blog – Hmm, Night Owl. If you live with Amanda and you found out that she’s missing, she probably is in the kitchen getting herself busy. She shares not only recipes but also tips and crafts, too.
- Dolly Rubiano – ‘Kitchen is my playground’, that’s what Dolly says. And I love that. Dolly is so passionate about food photography. No wonder she has beyond amazing photos – ‘droolicious’ I must say.
- Muffel Muffin – Say hello to Laura! She spends her life with reading, jogging, cooking, meeting friends, travelling, sleeping, skyping, shopping, coffee drinking and baking. (Hmm, I love reading and coffee drinking!) She enjoys making people happy with her foods. And like others, she started her blog to share her experiences and recipes.
- The Bake-a-logue – The Bake-a-logue is a blog by Muna. From the blog itself, we all can see that she loves baking! 😉 She started baking with cake mixes and from cake mixes, she started doing the ‘out-of-the-box’ baking. She also shares some tutorials that I think I would love to go through some day.
- Zosia Cooks – Zosia loves to cook and travel. She resides in Albania. She shares in this blog her culinary adventures.
- Mishasuniverse – If I am correct, she started her blog sometime in February 2014. As what she said in her ‘About’ page, she’s still figuring things out. On top of that, she has already shared delicious baked goodies. Let’s go join her in her journey. ❤
- Fallen for Food – Bilingual blog? That’s lovely. Though I can’t read other languages except for English and Filipino language, I think the idea is great. Chantal shares various recipes from cooking to baking, and also desserts.
- An Edible Life – This blog shares not only recipes but also restaurant reviews. She loves eating out, cooking, baking and she loves anything with food. She is also crafty. Oh! She said she might not know what she wants from life but she sure does know what she wants on her plate. 😀 I love that line!
I noticed two different rules of the Liebster Award. I don’t know which is which so I will follow the first ones I did.
Here are my questions for the nominees if you’d love to participate:
- What food/ingredient(s) you always make sure you have?
- What is your signature dish?
- What is you favorite breakfast food?
- What is/are your other interest/s aside from cooking and baking?
- If I will ask your friends to describe you in one phrase, what do you think they will tell me?
- What is the first thing you’ve cooked and baked?
- What is you favorite thing from your kitchen? Okay, you can name three.
- What is the latest thing you bought for your kitchen?
- Who inspired you to make your blog?
- Any advice to other new bloggers?
- Link to the person who nominated you
- Answer their questions
- Nominate new blogs for the award
- Ask them 10 new questions
- Let the nominees know they have been nominated
Before I end this post, I would have to mention that Lori of Creating Beauty in the Kitchen inspired me to add some kind of ‘introduction’ along with my nominees. Thank you, Lori. You really had a lovely idea. ❤
Again, thank you Beauty for nominating me. (I’d love to call you that, but am I correct that your name is Lori, too? Uh, that’s what I read in one of the comments.) You really made my day! 😉
Stay safe, my dear friends! ❤