I’ve been on a Marshmallows kick lately…
I was out and went to a grocery store to buy stuffs that I need and I don’t need. I was in a section where the smell feels like heaven… No, no! I was not in the body wash/shampoo/soap section. I was actually in the sweets/chocolates section. 😀 Just imagine how happy I was. Anyway, so there I was taking some passing by the chocolates. (You really won’t believe me if I’ll say that I just went past them, right?) And the marshmallows!!!
Thoughts inside my head:
Me: Oh, I remember I still have a jar of marshmallow crème. I don’t need to buy this.
Me: No, that jar of marshmallow crème is saved for something else. I am sure I need this, too.
Me: Uh, yeah. Maybe. Someday.
And of course, I did buy a pack. (Of course, I did!) The marshmallow went straight into my room (yes, room!) and put it near the bed. And every time I enter the room, the smell of heaven is everywhere. If you would ask me why did I put it near the bed? I don’t know. Maybe, I just want these babies to be near me. 😀 Well, after days (yeah, really!) I opened and eat some. I still have not used them for baking. Someday. 😛
Also, I was craving for brownies.
So I thought this is the perfect time to use that marshmallow crème to justify the thought of buying a new pack of marshmallow. And the good news is… I am bringing them to the Fiesta Friday over Angie’s place at The Novice Gardener. If you haven’t already, come and join us. The party is extremely fun and chatting with old and new found friends is awesome.
- 2 packages of Graham crackers (about 6 sheets)
- 5 x 43 g Hershey’s dark chocolate bars
- 3 oz marshmallow fluff
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 8×8 baking pan, line with parchment paper hanging on the sides.
- Break each graham crackers in half.
- Spread marshmallow fluff on the graham cracker. Set aside.
- Break Hershey’s chocolate bars at their scores. Place on the top of the graham crackers with marshmallow fluff (about two small bars on each)
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan over medium heat, add in butter until melted. Add sugar and water. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add in chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate until melted.
- Add in eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place the prepared graham crackers on top of the brownie batter.
- If you have remaining graham crackers, snap them and fill the gaps.
- Pour in the remaining brownie batter over the s’mores and evenly spread out using a spatula.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with wet crumbs.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately place the remaining small bars of chocolates over the baked brownies.
- Now, this is painful: Let the brownies cool completely before cutting.
Source recipe: Sugar Dish Me
I always have a problem with ‘cool completely before cutting’ when it comes to brownies! So as SOON as I took the brownies from the oven, one poor side has been pinched. 😀
Here’s some of the chocolates for everyone. Don’t worry, I still have more if you’d just ask. 😀
The regular-sized marshmallows? They are still near my bed. Uh, I think I transferred their location already. Have I? Ah, yes! I already put them where they should be in the first place – on the shelf together with the other babies. 😛
Happy Fiesta, dear friends! I hope you enjoyed the brownies and the chocolates.
What are you planning for the weekend? Well, whatever that is, have fun and stay safe. ❤