As I said, I don’t celebrate or join any Halloween parties… and I know Halloween just passed, but I just can’t let this party pass without sharing this cute video – come and laugh with me. 😀 I really love the ‘get out!’…
Okay, I’m off to the party –
My Mom, she used to have this amazing photographic memory. While watching a cooking show, I would normally write the ingredients and the instructions. My Mom used to write down after watching. Same thing with numbers – she looks at the numbers and she can remember it for too long. My sister is the same.
Some of my friends, they are good in directions.
Me? What I’m good at relating to remembering stuff? Well, I could remember how the food tastes even if I have not eaten that certain food for years. I could remember how a certain food smells. That’s a talent, isn’t it? 😀 And I would add that I am still good at remembering people’s birthday. (Well, for some.) I was good at remembering other kinds of stuff, but one day, it’s like I am always out of my mind.
One day, I was washing the dishes. When done, I closed the dishwashing liquid/soap and do you expect that I put it in the right place? Nope! I opened the fridge and ALMOST put the dishwashing liquid/soap inside. Another situation – I was done with my cold drink – I was holding it with my handkerchief because, yes, it is cold. And I threw the empty plastic glass with my handkerchief. Ugh! What I did? Nothing! I could not get the handkerchief back. Eww! Oh my, there are many worst situations.
So when I was making these crinkles, I really talked to myself – ‘Please don’t make mistakes, this is for your birthday.’ Gladly, nothing was put to waste. I was saying the ingredients loud enough that I could focus on what I am doing.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ube jam/halaya
- 1 tsp ube extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, add in butter and sugar. Beat until pale and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add in egg, beat until just combined.
- Add in ube jam and ube extract and mix.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl tightly with cling wrap and keep inside the fridge for at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of cookie dough and form into balls. Coat with powdered sugar. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the baking pan for about 2 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
Source recipe: Bake Happy
When I found the recipe from Bake Happy, I knew I had to make these. These crinkles were delicious – soft and not too sweet, just the way I like it.
I am bringing these over to The Novice Gardener for Fiesta Friday #41, hoping that Angie, the co-hosts , nd the partygoers will love these.
Also, I am sharing these over at Sweet & Savoury Sundays. 😉
Happy Sweet & Savoury Sundays!