I will be honest with you. I will tell you something that you don’t know about me – I am a talkative person.
(Why I get the raising of eyebrows here?) Oh, is it obvious? How come? And when did you know about it? 😛
Although I am a talkative person, there are times that I want to be in a silent mode. At work, I was alone in a room for quite some time and then new staff came and she was placed with me. She is a nice person; sweet and funny. We get along so well most of the time. She has two kids (boy and girl) and they go with their Mom at our workplace occasionally… and you’d expect a riot. 😀 I love them and I treat them like my siblings. I also love my colleague, but there are times that I miss being alone in that room – silent. I feel free. Well, not that I sleep during working hours whenever I want. I just missed the old times – me blogging, me reading books, me enjoying non-work related stuffs when I’m done with my job.
My point is, no matter how you enjoy those chewy and fudgy brownies, somehow, you still crave for the old, classic cakey brownies.
I know it doesn’t make sense? What’s the connection with my sentiment with the brownies? Tell me you get my point. 😀 (I know by this time I am writing this, my mind is flying somewhere else – let’s say I am thinking of the brownies I want to post now, the bakes I want to make or the meals I want to cook… so please bear with me. 😛 )
Back to the brownies –
I love brownies in any form – with sundae, ice cream; chewy, fudgy.
I admit that I love fudgy brownies more than any types of brownies – it’s rich and very chocolatey. But there are times that I crave for cakey brownies – simple and it reminds me of my childhood years.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cups white sugar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp milk, lukewarm
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cups, peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare an 8 x 8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Lightly grease and set aside. Place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and espresso powder.
- In a large bowl, add in butter and sugar. Mix until fluffy. Add in corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix until well combined. Add melted chocolate and mix again.
- Add dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan.
- Top with peanuts if using.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave brownies in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before cutting.
Source recipe: Cakey Brownies by Laura in the Kitchen
My favorite brownies during my childhood has peanuts in it, so to satisfy my craving, I added peanuts. These are so good. These bars are the cakey brownies of my dreams.
I am taking these cakey brownies of my dreams at Angie’s @ The Novice Gardener for Fiesta Friday #48. ❤
I hope you enjoy these. Have a fantastic weekend!