We are sometimes asked –
‘If you have superpowers, what would it be?’
I’ve told so many answers that I even can’t remember some of them. Of course, when you are a child, you would definitely answer that you’d love to be Superman, Spiderman, etc… I would say that, as of this moment, I only love just one thing – to be able to share these amazingly decadent brownies. 😀 Oh, these are not just brownies. These are Red Velvet Tiramisu Brownies. How could that be possible? Yep! Believe it or not… it is possible! It is possible to have this kind of… I can’t even put into words how awesome these bars are.
When I saw this from Jovita, I really thought I was only dreaming. I love anything red velvet. Who wouldn’t? All red velvet stuff is just so pretty. I also love tiramisu and there’s no doubt I love anything brownies.
See, the base is brownies, obviously. You have ladyfingers brushed with coffee. You have the heavy cream + mascarpone duo. And you have the sprinkle of cocoa powder. You have the option to top these babies with grated chocolate. The next thing you know, you’ll flood yourself with these super amazing brownies.
Indulging these was already expected. But I did not expect that I could finish four bars in one sitting. To be honest, I think I could finish the whole pan in a day… Don’t look at me like that – I didn’t do it. And I did not finish the whole pan by myself as I shared some to my friend who really loved it, I must say.
Jovita @ Yummy Addiction really did an amazing job with this recipe. It’s like heaven in disguise. 😀
RED VELVET TIRAMISU BROWNIES Recipe
For the Red Velvet Brownies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 oz. dark chocolate
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp red food coloring (or as needed)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
For the Tiramisu:
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup heavy/whipping cream
- ½ cup room temperature coffee* (See Notes below)
- 3 oz. soft ladyfingers
- cocoa powder, for topping
For the Red velvet Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and carefully mix with the butter-sugar-vanilla mixture.
- Add in food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Slowly add in eggs then fold in the mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- COOL COMPLETELY on a wire rack.
For the Tiramisu:
Prepare a strong coffee. Set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in the heatproof bowl, and whisk together until they become pale yellow. Set a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Cook on low, stirring and whisking constantly until the mixture thickens and forms a ribbon trail on the surface when the whisk is lifted (for about 5-7 minutes). Remove from the heat and let cool COMPLETELY. Whisk in vanilla.
- In another bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gently mix the mascarpone cheese.
- Add the yolk-sugar mixture to the cheese mixture, gently fold.
Assembling the Tiramisu Brownies:
- Pour a quarter of the tiramisu mixture over the brownies and spread evenly over the top.
- Arrange the ladyfingers on top of the tiramisu mixture. Using a pastry brush, brush tops of ladyfingers with coffee until they are saturated. Pour remaining tiramisu mixture on top and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
*Dissolve ½ tbsp. coffee in ½ cup (125ml) warm water, then cool completely.
This can be kept in the fridge up to five days. But I don’t think this will last that long. 😛
Source recipe: Red Velvet Tiramisu Brownies by Yummy Addiction
I highly recommend that you try this dessert and give your brownies a makeover. 😉
Happy partying and have a delicious weekend.
I am also sharing these lovely bars at