Let’s talk about Mornings!
My heel was in pain for more than two weeks. For the first week, it was only painful during the first few steps. It lasted for a week. The second week was the worst – the pain became stronger and it lasted for almost the whole day. That’s when the time I decided to take an action – I bought pain reliever cream and thankfully, the pain went away.
I thought I would be back to being hyper again, but I was wrong.
The next day after the heel pain was gone, my left fingers came in next – I couldn’t straighten or bend my fingers especially the middle and index finger. If you are asking me how am I typing today, the only finger working on my left is the ring finger. It’s horrible, I know. It seems like I have a sprain, but I really could’t figure out why and how I got this. The pain just suddenly popped up two days ago. 😥
And it’s weekend! How am I going to enjoy baking and cooking? Or how am I going to be done with the errands?? I think this is the how my body tells me to learn to relax.
I am a morning person. Even if I don’t want to, I am still a morning person. I try my very best to wake up late during weekends, but it’s crazy that I wake up early. There are times I wake up at 6am and can’t go back to sleep. There are times that I wake up earlier than that. I don’t know, but maybe I get so much excited during weekends – movies, cooking and baking!
So when these times happen, I get to prepare easy or complicated breakfast – whatever I fancy. French Toasts? Oh, they are my favorite, but I don’t make them often. But when I do, don’t expect leftovers. 😀 French Toast Roll Ups with Nutella? I’m in heaven.
These are so good – buttery and crisp from outside and full of Nutella goodness inside. Every bite is divine! Aside from that, these can be served as is or with fruits and cream – the choice is yours.
Nutella French TOast Roll-Ups Recipe
- 12 slices of white bread
- Nutella, or whatever jam you fancy
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- Trim the edges of the bread (the brown part). Flatten using a rolling pin.
- Spread Nutella or your preferred filling. Roll it up and do the same with the remaining.
- In a shallow bowl, combine milk and eggs.
- In another bowl, put the sugar.
- Melt butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Roll bread into the egg and milk mixture making sure that they are well coated.
- Place in the skillet with the seam side down, turning to cook each side.
- When browned on each side, remove the hot rolls and cover them with sugar.
- Repeat until everything is cooked, add butter as needed.
- ½ – 1 tsp of cinnamon can be added to the sugar if preferred.
- Half and half can also be used instead of milk.
I hope you all enjoy this simple breakfast. Happy weekend!
I am also sharing this at