Yipee! It’s Friday once again and I am so excited to be partying with you today. Plus, I am co-hosting with Laurie @ Ten Times Tea. This will be fun as this is Laurie’s first time to co-host – be good to her, okay? And as Angie always says, you can go wild on me. Hmm, I am thinking of giving you half of your share. 😛 Just kidding, you can enjoy the Chocolate Covered Oreo Overload Muffins I brought for this week’s Fiesta Friday #71. Don’t worry about how others are getting theirs – I have many of them hiding somewhere Angie’s place. 😀
One thing I could say that Laurie and I have in common – we are both carbohydrate monsters! So beware of you bringing carb-stuffs today. 😀
Let’s get the party started. Link up by clicking the badge below and have fun! For new comers, please see the guidelines.
Welcome to Fiesta Friday #71
Do you have those moments when you want to make something, but it didn’t out as what you’ve expected? Or the photo you have taken did not even match with the name of your food?? I know. I know. Not all days, we are lucky.
I had extra heavy cream which I used with a recipe I can’t even remember.
I Googled for recipes using heavy cream and I got many that I didn’t know which one of them I should make.
The light bulb above my head just turned on and I remembered the Oreo Overload Muffins I did before. And to give these muffins update, I topped them with chocolate icing. Sounds great, yeah? Well, they are great, but the photos did not prove that these muffins are overloaded with Oreos. I know I just sliced a muffin with very little Oreo pieces, but still, it didn’t prove what it’s supposed to be.
After all the complaints I said, of course, I did enjoy every bite. As I said when I first published the recipe, these muffins are like Oreo milkshake in muffin form. Now, covered with chocolate icing. You would consider that as the chocolate syrup on your milkshake. 😀
Chocolate Covered Oreo Overload Muffins Recipe
For the Oreo muffins:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 & 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped Oreos
For the Icing:
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 ½ tbsp coffee + 2 tbsp hot water
- 5 to 6 tbsp unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare and line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
For the Oreo muffins:
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix vegetable oil, egg and cream. Pour this mixture to the dry mixture and mix just until well combined.
- Add in chopped Oreos.
- Sprinkle streusel over the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the muffin pan for few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cover with chocolate icing (recipe below) and top with chopped/crushed Oreos.
For the icing:
- In heatproof bow, add coffee mixture and chocolate. Set over a larger saucepan with simmering water. Stir chocolate and coffee mixture until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove bowl with melted chocolate and add in butter, then beat butter tablespoon at a time. Do this over a larger bowl with ice and water. Stir/beat until spreading consistency.
I hope you enjoy. Happy Fiesta Friday! 😉