A refreshing, yet very easy to make drink – perfect for summer.
Weather these days are becoming hotter and hotter… And there are things you want to keep you sane including having a refreshing drink. In my case, I always go for very cold water. With lots of ice? Oh, yes! I am not fond of making my own drink – I always get store-bought ones if I want some. Finally, I realized that making your drinks at home is super easy.
I love Watermelons, but only if they are in drink form. I also love lemonade, but I love them with something else. I had Watermelon and few lemons sitting in the fridge. I am not an expert in making drinks, so I had to look up recipes. Some requires more fruits than what I have on hand. Lucky me, I have found a great recipe.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 cups of watermelon, cubed and seeds removed
- About 20 fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Make simple sugar syrup: Heat ¾ cup water with ¾ cup sugar. Cook until sugar is dissolved (about 3-5 minutes). Let cool to room temperature. Add two cups of cold water. Set aside. (Alternatively, you can boil water using a water heater and add it to the sugar and stir until dissolved. Cool to room temperature before adding cold water.)
- Puree the watermelon until well blended. Strain the liquid using a strainer. Mix the strained liquid with the sugar syrup + cold water mixture. (If using mint leaves, you can put the mixture back to the blender and pulse until you get specks of mint leaves.)
- Serve with ice cubes.
Source recipe: Watermelon Lemonade by The Big Giant Food Basket
Note: Honey can be used a sweetener.
This lemonade is super awesome – it’s a bit lemon-y, but that’s lemonade, yeah? Of course, you can adjust the measurements according to your taste. I added some mint leaves to the source recipe. I just love mint and I love the specks of mint in the lemonade…
And I know all of you would agree with me – having this drink when you are at the beach is perfect, yes? Just sharing a photo from my recent Eid Holiday.
I hope you enjoy your weekend. Happy partying! Thank you for spending time with me today.
PS: Anyone of you having problem with WordPress recipe shortcode??
I am also sharing this refreshing drink at:
Saucy Saturdays | Recipe of the Week | Happiness is Homemade | Melt in Your Mouth Monday | What’d You Do This Weekend? | Tasty Tuesdays | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday | Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party | Foodie FriDIY | Showcase Your Talent Thursday | Cook Blog Share
Looking for some summer drink?