Chicken thighs, chickpeas and potatoes marinated for 24 hours in amazing ingredients. Baked the next day until crisp. Fabulously delicious that you’d love to polish off everything.
Selma has been famous not only in the WordPress community, but also in other food sites. Her take on Elaine’s recipe made her won at Food52 and everyone talked about that. Her take includes chicken thighs. Did someone said chicken thighs? Get out of the way and I’m coming, baby! 😀
I loved Elaine’s recipe so I know loved this, too. When this won at Food52, I thought ‘Oh wow! Elaine must have done an amazing job. This is a must try. The way Selma described the dish, this must be really awesome.’
I was expecting to eat the dish alone so I used only three chicken thighs which I also expect that could last for two sittings. I made the dish around mid-morning and I should have finished the whole dish if my cousin didn’t tell me to save some for her. When she arrived from work, she was surprised when it’s almost gone. What else would she expect me to do? 😛
It’s amazing how tender the chicken thighs were and how super tasty this was. I honestly regret why I didn’t get myself another batch of chicken thighs. Oh, well! You can’t expect amazing food to stay too long.
Extraordinary Roasted Chicken, Potatoes and Chickpeas
- 400 g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400 g floury potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 whole head of garlic, cloves separated
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Set aside.
- Place the chicken thighs, chickpeas and potatoes in a ziplock bag or shallow container. Add in the marinade mix and combine well. Tightly cover the dish or tightly close the ziplock bag. Place it in the fridge for 24 hours. Try mixing it whenever you open the fridge. (I did kept mine in a disposable container and made ‘shake shake shake’ whenever I open the fridge 😀 )
- Next day: preheat your oven to 375 F. Transfer the marinated chicken and veggies into a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for about 1 hour. Remove the aluminum foil and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes or until the crips and lovely golden brown.
See Selma’s recipe here: Extraordinary Roasted Chicken, Potatoes and Chickpeas by Selma @ Selma’s Table
I hope you try this recipe (if you haven’t) and I am sure you will love this. I promise you that. 🙂
Before I close this post, I want to share this video. I suddenly remember Selma the moment I heard the song. We miss you, dear friend.
You can still share your tribute for our darling Selma. The link is permanently open.
I am also sharing this at
Saucy Saturdays | Happiness is Homemade | Recipe of the Week | Melt in Your Mouth Monday | Munching Mondays | What’d You Do This Weekend? | Foodie FriDIY | Foodie Friends Friday Daily Dish | Weekend Bites | Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party |
Featured at: Fiesta Friday #84