A perfect drink not only during summer months, but also if you need something refreshing.
I grew up only familiar with two seasons – hot and cold/rainy days. Is it still Summer? Or is it Fall? Nonetheless, this drink is super awesome anytime of the year.
I love iced tea a lot. I don’t make my own. I always get powdered one. I can finish one liter in one sitting. Maybe even more than that.
When I made this drink, I didn’t expect the look to be like this. I expect it something more than the source recipe’s look. But sometimes, beautiful results comes out unexpectedly. This drink is somewhat near to iced tea with a hint of lime – not too sweet, the balance is just right and perfect.
Brown Sugar and Mint Limeade
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 medium sized lime, juiced
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 Lime, for garnish
- Add the water in a pitcher. Add the brown sugar, and the juice from 5 limes and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add mint leaves and chill for 2 hours. (Optional: blend them together for beautiful mint specks) or you can let it sit in the fridge overnight for strong mint flavor. Be sure to remove it before serving as the leaves turn brown in color.
- Optional: before serving, rub a wedge of line around the rim of your serving glasses. Place brown sugar in a small plate and turn the serving glasses upside down and dip it in the sugar until rim is completely coated.
- Add ice to the pitcher or serving glasses upon serving and garnish with mint leaves and sliced limes or wedges.
Source recipe: Brown Sugar and Mint Limeade by Coupon Clicking Cook
This is what you call a ‘beatiful disaster’ – I was a little upset (okay, not little) I was super upset when I saw that the color is too dark. Maybe I should have used light brown sugar, I thought. But it’s awesome how this turned to my new favorite drink. 😀
I hope you try this and let me know what you think. 😉
I am also sharing this at
Sunday Sweets | Showcase Your Talent Thursday | Foodie FriDIY | Friday Favorites | Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday | Foodie Friends Friday Daily Dish | Happiness is Homemade | Melt in Your Mouth Monday | Munching Mondays | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Weekend Bites | Recipe of the Week | What’d You Do This Weekend? | Turn it Up Tuesday Link Party |