Quick and easy stir fry beef with a sweet taste and a little kick. Perfect for busy cooks.
When I started blogging, all I knew was cook and share! I didn’t know that copying the full recipe text from another blog/food site is not allowed by the owner. So you could tell me that I don’t read any other texts except the recipe posts.
Everything has changed now!
I started editing the recipes, but I cannot remember which one I did first. So lately, I’ve been busy with editing recipes. Uh, maybe not 100%, but I wrote them in my own words. And yes, I started from the beginning. I am not yet done and I don’t know when I’ll be done… But at least little by little. 🙂 It’s needs a long time, I know. But this recipe I am sharing now? Not at all. I mean – it can be done in 15 minutes!
So, you know Amanda from The Chunky Chef – who shares drool worthy recipes like these Beef Enchiladas with Homemade Enchilada Sauce?? Oh, so delicious! If only I am her neighbor, I’d come everyday knocking at her door. Or better yet, find a space inside her home. 😀
Let’s talk about this quick and easy recipe: it’s sweet with a little kick. Uh, okay! Sweet and spicy. Some white rice with this? Yes, please! And… you can prepare this in no time. Yeah! Like I said 15 minutes. I just added some nuts for the texture… well, because I am a texture girl. 😀 Okay, no sense! Let’s move on to the recipe…
And for your information, I also don’t know how to use chopsticks. So the chopsticks are for display purposes only. 😀
15-Minute Honey Pepper Beef Stir Fry
- 500g flank steak, sliced thinly, across the grain
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Onion, about 1/3 cup, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 cube beef cubes, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp corn flour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients except the corn flour-water mixture. Set aside.
- In a wok (or large heavy skillet) on a high heat, saute onion and garlic in for a minute, making sure not to burn them.
- Add the sliced flank steak and stir fry for about one minute. (You may have to do this in batches if you have smaller skillet.) Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In medium-high heat, add the sauce to the wok. Cook for one minute.
- Add the beef, onion and garlic back to the wok. Cook for about five minutes.
- Add the corn flour-water mixture and cook until thick.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced spring onions just before serving.
- Add nuts if you desire.
Notes: You can prepare the sauce and slice the onions and garlic ahead of time and keep them in an air tight container inside the fridge and when you’re ready, you can start heating up that wok. 😉
Source recipe: 15-Minute Honey Pepper Beef Stir Fry by The Chunky Chef
This is so good with loads of white rice! 😀 It’s really awesome that you can make something as delicious as this in a short period of time!
I hope you make this and enjoy as much as I did. Have a fab weekend to you, my lovely friends. 🙂
I am also this quick and easy dish at