Since childhood, I’ve disliked caramel or anything caramel except for Twix.
Yeah, okay, I love sweets… but I did not reach the point of loving caramel… not until salted caramel was born.
I love the combination of salty and sweet and that’s when I started getting crazy over salted caramel sauce. It is just too good that I can almost drink it! 😛
Making caramel sauce is a little tricky for the impatient side of me. You know, you’ll just stand in front of the stove and keep stirring and stirring. And gosh, I was using a stainless steel pot and the handle was too hot! I was using thick gloves, but that handle was really something.
The good thing about this sauce, you don’t need a candy thermometer to make this. You’ll have to carefully watch the color of the caramel and be patient. 😀
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 90g salted butter, cut into 6-pc cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- In a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, add white sugar. Stir constantly using a wooden spoon. (The sugar will form clumps and melt into thick liquid (amber in color) as you stir. Please be careful not to burn it.)
- Once the sugar is completely melted, add the butter. (The caramel will bubble when butter is added.) Stir until butter is melted.
- While stirring, slowly add the heavy/whipping cream. (The mixture will bubble when the cream is added.)
- Let the mixture boil for a minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in 1 tsp of salt. Allow to cool before using.
- This can be made ahead of time and can be stored in the fridge for two weeks.
- Only use heavy or whipping cream.
- If desired to make more than this recipe, it is preferred to make them in batches. Do not double or triple this recipe and make them one time.
- Make sure your saucepan is thick and with a handle. It is better to work on the sauce.
See the visuals and source recipe: Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce by Sally’s Baking Addiction
I love this caramel sauce a lot. I would’ve drink the whole glass if I didn’t make this for another recipe.
Have a fantastic weekend! Wishing you a day full of smiles! 😀 😀 😀
I am also sharing this at
Saucy Saturdays | Happiness is Homemade | Sunday Sweets | Melt in Your Mouth Monday | What’d You Do This Weekend? | Recipe of the Week | Turn It Up Tuesday | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party | Cook Blog Share | Showcase Your Talent Thursday | Throwback Thursday | Foodie FriDIY | Foodie Friends Friday Daily Dish | Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday |