Divinely delicious cheesecake in cupcake form with a crunchy Oreo-cookie crust, Nutella cheesecake filling and sweetened whipped cream topping. You have the option to garnish these beauties with hazelnuts and chocolate. Perfect for Nutella lovers like me.
There are times that I want to make everything from scratch and there are times that I prefer the store-bought ones… and those are the times when I feel so lazy even when it comes to a very easy task.
I was in a Nutella and cheesecake mood not so long ago, but I didn’t want to make a huge cheesecake, so I went up Googling recipes in cupcake form. I just couldn’t resist the urge to make these cupcakes as soon as I found the recipe, so I have not whipped the cream properly – I got a total whipped cream meltdown. The photos were just so disappointing. Maybe it was my fault, too, because I tried to place a Ferrero Rocher ball on top. Maybe. The photos were sadly thrown into the recycle bin and the cupcakes happily dove into my tummy. 😀
For the second time, I used store-bought whipped cream as I was really eager to make them again. I must say that it’s not that bad. I just had to rush taking the photos so the whipped cream will not melt again. I brought these at my workplace and they were happily eaten. The colleague even asked me to make it again. So I made this thrice in a week. 😀
These Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes were amazingly divine. The cheesecake will happily sink into your teeth. These are perfect for parties, and give aways, too, as they are served individually.
Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 12 Oreos*
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened**
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped, for garnish
- Chocolate, chopped or grated, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Prepare muffin pan and line with paper liners. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, place the Oreos and pulse until finely crushed. (You can also do this using a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush the Oreos.)
- In a small bowl, mix crushed Oreos and melted butter. Take about 1 tbsp of the mixture and divide between 12 paper-lined muffin pan. Press down the crust. Bake for 5 minutes. Let cool while preparing the cheesecake batter.
To prepare the cheesecake batter,
- In a bowl, mix very well the sugar and flour.
- Using an electric mixer or a whisk, add in cream cheese and mix.
- Add in eggs, milk, sour cream and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add in Nutella and mix.
- Carefully tap the bowl against the countertop few times just to release air bubbles.
- Using an ice cream scooper or anything you prefer, divide the batter over the crust.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until the only thing jiggling is the center part of each cheesecake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature.
- Loosely cover with cling wrap and keep in the fridge to firm up for about 3 hours or overnight.
To prepare the whipped cream,
- Make sure your bowl, cream and beaters are very cold.
- In your bowl and using an electric mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Add in icing sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Top your cheesecake with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate and hazelnuts.
Source Recipe: Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes by Cooking Classy
* Preferably single-stuffed Oreos.
**For best results, use full-fat cream cheese.
These cupcakes are absolute perfection! I can’t wait to make another batch again soon!
Wishing you a weekend full of smiles! 😀
Let me also bring these goodness at
Happiness is Homemade | Sunday Kitchen | Sunday’s Simple Homemaker | What’d You Do This Weekend? | Melt in Your Mouth Monday | Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday | Saucy Saturdays | Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Turn It Up Tuesday | Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday | Cook Blog Share | Bake of the Week | FoodieFriDIY | Foodie Friends Friday | Throwback Thursday | Recipe of the Week |