These quesadillas are super cheesy and extra spicy. They are best when served with sour cream. Sounds fancy, but they are easy to prepare.
Before, I used to think that I have superpowers.
Think of Superman carrying a school bus = Jhuls carrying 5 gallons of water
Think of The Hulk carrying bad guys in both of his hands = Jhuls carrying 5 kg in each hand during 10 minutes walk
Think of The Flash doing his thing in a flash = Jhuls being able to finish multiple household chores in a given time x Jhuls is good at time management
But as Mary Jane said: “Everyone needs help, Peter. Even Spiderman.”
I didn’t believe that. Why would I? I am Super Jhuls. Or let me say I was.
I forgot that even superheroes have their weaknesses, like Superman to Kryptonite.
I was used to abusing my body, like I didn’t know what is the importance of taking a break. Time finally came that my body forced me to do so. I took one day off from work and you would not believe that I only took 3 hours rest and went back to the kitchen again! Ugh! I hated myself for that, but hey, I got to make these delicious and seriously spicy quesadillas. Though it took me a long time to finish such an easy recipe (because I gave back my super speed powers to The Flash), the end result was amazing.
What I love about quesadillas are they are very easy to prepare. These quesadillas are super cheesy and spicy. You can cut on the sriracha if you want it less spicy. They are later served with homemade sour cream which was really awesome and the combo was perfect.
Cheesy Sriracha Chicken Quesadillas
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken breasts
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- ¾ cup sriracha sauce
- 3 tbsp sour cream* (you may need extra to serve with the quesadillas)
- 5 10-inch flour tortillas
- In a food processor, place the cooked chicken and pulse until shredded. You can also shred the chicken by your clean hands. Place in a bowl.
- Add in parsley, sharp cheddar cheese, mozilla, sriracha and sour cream. Mix until everything is well combined.
- In a non-stick skillet with medium heat, place a tortilla. Add 0ne-fifth of the chicken mixture onto the half side of the tortilla and fold.
- Cook each side for about two minutes. Repeat until 5 tortillas and all chicken mixture has been used.
- Cut in half and serve warm with sour cream.
You can use store-bought sour cream or make your own by mixing 4 tbsp of whipping cream and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Mix until thick.
Source recipe: Cheesy Sriracha Chicken Quesadillas by Scrambled Chefs
Now, I have given up my superpowers, but not all of them. I still have remaining and I excel at it:
I am now a demigod, daughter of Hypnos and my power is I can sleep whenever and wherever I want. 😀
I hope all my friends at Fiesta Friday #121 will love these. And this week is so exciting as we are all going to be co-hsosts. Don’t forget to link up, guys… And as Angie said, please come back to vote. 😉
Happy Fiesta Friday!
Always wishing you a blessed day and full of smiles. 😀
I am also sharing these at