Tiramisu using graham crackers is just as fantastic as the traditional one
You still remember me? 😀
I feel that I’ve been gone for a very long time. But I am not, right?
I was stuck in the middle of work and life. Though I have recipes to write about, my mind was not in a condition to think of anything other than paper works and stuffs about life. Given the kind of person that I am who wants to finish everything in a specific period of time, I ended up stressing myself too hard. It’s only me to blame, I know. I am trying my best to change that, believe me.
Anyway, I am back with a dessert. Well, what else would you expect from me? 😛 But this one needs no baking. Wohooo! Who doesn’t love no-bake desserts?
In this Tiramisu, I used graham crackers instead of lady fingers because I really love the biscuit to be thin so I could enjoy the cream more. 😉 The result was fantastic!
- Graham crackers*
- 1/2 cup strong coffee, at room temperature**
For the Tiramisu:
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- cocoa powder, for topping
- Prepare a strong coffee. Set aside.
- Prepare an 8×8 dish/container.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in the heatproof bowl, and whisk together until they become pale yellow. Set a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Cook on low, stirring and whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and forms a ribbon trail on the surface when the whisk is lifted (for about 5-7 minutes). Remove from the heat and let cool COMPLETELY. Whisk in vanilla.
- In another bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gently mix the mascarpone cheese.
- Add the yolk-sugar mixture to the cheese mixture, gently fold.
Assembling the Graham Tiramisu:
- Place couple sheets of graham crackers on the bottom of your dish/container. Using a pastry brush, brush tops of graham crackers with coffee until they are saturated. Pour tiramisu mixture on top and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place again couple sheets of graham, brush with coffee, and spread tiramisu mixture on top.
- Repeat until you finish your desire height of your tiramisu.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
* It depends on how many you can use. I finished more or less 30 sheets of graham crackers.
**Dissolve ½ tbsp. coffee in ½ cup (125ml) warm water, then cool completely.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Happy Fiesta Friday!
Wishing you all a blessed weekend and don’t forget to smile. 😀
I am also bringing this at Saucy Saturday’s 1st Anniversary Fiesta | Happiness is Homemade | What’d You Do This Weekend? | Cook Blog Share | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Throwback Thursday | Foodie FriDIY | Foodie Friends Friday | Recipe of the Week | Family Job Blog Link Up Party | Mix It Up Monday | Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday | What’s For Dinner | Turn It Up Tuesday |