Roast potato slices seasoned with few ingredients like butter, ghee, garlic, salt and pepper. Sounds boring, but I am telling you – it’s so good!
One of the things I really hate is being bored. When at home and I feel bored, I can simply watch movies, read books or stay in the kitchen until I get tired. Being bored at my workplace – not so good! It’s been weeks and nothing much to do. I just can’t blog or spend time with my BFF #1 Google and BFF #2 Pinterest – my boss might fire me. But, what to do, huh? Feeling bored in a boring-looking work environment – what can I do? Well, my mind is always busy thinking about food.
One of the foods I’ve thought of during that boring day of my life is the boring-looking roast potato slices which I am sharing with you today.
This dish is simply sliced potatoes baked with olive oil, ghee, garlic, salt and pepper. Well, the ingredients might sound boring, too, but the taste is not boring at all. In fact, I really loved the simplicity of this one. The combination of the ingredients is just amazing! I know you’d love this, too.
I am happy that today is Friday and it means I am going to be bored because I am spending my day with all of you at Fiesta Friday #169 & also because I will be busy co-hosting with my lovely friend, Elaine @ Food Bod, who inspires me a lot. Will you join us and Angie? Just click the FF#169 link and you are one of us now. 😉
Roast Potato Slices
- 2 tbsp EV olive oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped/minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare and grease a baking dish that could accommodate your potatoes. I did not weigh my potatoes and took a baking pan that I think could accommodate them.
- Scrub and wash you potatoes. Pat dry.
- Using a mandoline slicer, slice your potatoes. Or you can thinly slice them using a sharp knife. Place them in a bowl and splash with little olive oil to coat. Arrange them diagonally into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ghee, olive oil, garlic, dried parsley salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and drizzle the oil mixture.
- Return back the pan into the oven and cook for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
I did not measure my potatoes. I always have them on hand and I use them all the time, so the times I made this, no measuring of weight happened. You can go from 500-800g of potatoes, the oil mixture will be okay with that.
You can add any seasoning you’d love, just adjust the salt and pepper. I made this many times with Cajun seasoning and then drizzled with my tahini-harissa sauce just before serving.
Enjoy your weekend, people! Happy Fiesta Friday!💃🏻