Chicken breasts cooked with balsamic and apple cider vinegar, then topped with dried rosemary, onions and chopped dates – wrapped in a foil so the chicken embraces all the flavors. Irresistibly sweet and delicious!
Is it true that the body and mind are always in a battle, especially when it comes to food? My answer is yes. Every single time. It is also true that when on the Whole30, you will not feel that insane cravings. Looking at the mouthwatering food photos from Pinterest and Facebook doesn’t make me crave anything. However, when I smell something delicious, that is a different story.
Strangely, my hijab smells like food- something sweet. Thanks to my fabric conditioner which gives me dream of vanilla ice cream. That’s when this certain feeling kicks in. I am denying that it was a craving, so let it be not.
I always keep dates with me. This sweet tooth needs something to munch on, you know.
I eat them as is. I never tried them with anything else, even with cocoa powder or nuts to make energy bars. I came across a recipe that uses dates and chicken together. I had tender chicken breasts remaining from the 1kg I got before which was on sale. So thought – I had dates and chicken – why not try the recipe? The only thing missing was fresh rosemary. I had the dried one and I didn’t think it will make a huge difference if I skip the fresh one. To be honest, I cannot wait any longer.
Chicken breasts cooked with balsamic and apple cider vinegar, then topped with dried rosemary, onions and chopped dates – wrapped in a foil so the chicken embraces all the flavors. What do you think? For me, they were really deliciously sweet! The smell was incredible. To really feed my brain looking for something sweet, I served this with roasted sweet potatoes. Drizzled with lemon before enjoying? So perfect!
I tried serving this with cauliflower fried rice, but it was a little weird for me, so I left out the cauli rice on my next meal.
Whole30 Baked Chicken Breasts with Dates
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ½ cup onions, sliced thinly
- 10 dates, pitted & chopped
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare aluminum foil that’s enough to wrap two large chicken breasts. You can double the aluminum foil to make sure the liquid doesn’t leak. (You can do this with baking dish, but I’d like dish to embrace the steam if you know what I mean)
- Add in chicken breasts. Pour in olive oil, balsamic and apple cider vinegar. Mix to coat the chicken.
- Add dates, onions and dried rosemary on top of each chicken.
- Wrap/seal the aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Let the chicken rest before cutting and enjoying.
Source recipe: Date and Shallot Rosemary Chicken by paleOMG