The cook, the kitchen and the bookshelf
I am just an ordinary person who has an extra-ordinary passion for cooking, baking, eating and now blogging! I am not a professional cook or baker. I started cooking when I was nine years old. I used to be my Mom’s kitchen assistant and I started helping by doing the slicing stuff. I watched her every time she cooks something new. As time goes by, my talent in cooking gets better and better. She even assigned me in the kitchen to cook for our parties. No matter how many years I have stayed in the kitchen, I am still a messy cook and baker! But I think that is the fun part – sometimes you accidentally throw the milk, get upset and then laugh at yourself. You fail, and you try again!
Even before I started this blog, I really love taking photos of foods. I love scanning those photos every now and then. So since I love food photography, and I have this BIG LOVE for food, I thought making a blog could be a way to share my adventures with more people as I love sharing as well.
So, welcome to the adventures of thenotsocreativecook …and baker!
Some of the things I’ve learned while I am on my cooking/baking adventure:
- Relax and always be calm. Don’t be in a hurry while cooking/baking.
- Always remember that if anything goes wrong, you can always try and try and try. If you fail at first, it’s not yet the end of the world.
- Don’t compare the food you cook with others, we all have different taste.
- Always be confident with your cooking/baking skills and be proud of them.
- Be open to criticisms. When you receive comments about your food that makes you upset, it doesn’t mean that your food is not good. It means, they just don’t have any idea what a good food is, hahaha!
Other side of me…
Reading is one of my favorite things to do. I stopped reading for years and just came back in book world five years ago (if I am not mistaken). I really don’t know why stopped. But it feels great to read again and much much greater to go back at the bookstores to buy many many books. 😀
What I like about reading is that… I know I’ll learn something from it. I’ll have my imaginary friends and imaginary world. I’ll get out from the reality and finally have a time with myself. I am a person who doesn’t love to rest that much. If I am watching a movie, maybe I’ll still do some stuff at home. So, if I want to take a REST, I will read a book. In that case, I cannot do anything but to focus on what I am reading. 🙂
This blog with be mostly about foods I’ve cooked and books I’ve read or want to read. And maybe about some of the stuffs I love doing. 🙂
Thanks a lot for stopping by and hope that you’ll come back again! xx