Have an instant filling meal with this quick and easy to make spicy ramen noodle soup.
Another answer to a craving.
I think that’s always the start of my food posts, eh?
So I’ve been into Korean drama recently and I always see ramen in most of the episodes. Whenever I see the characters eating ramen, my craving becomes stronger and stronger. Well, you know how naughty I am when it comes to my eating habits… and I confess that I always keep instant/cup noodles with me. You know, anytime arrive at home starving, I can eat something. Instant fried noodles or noodle soup – I always have them. Don’t judge. 😀
While watching one of the Korean drama (it’s romantic, comedy, drama, action, actually) episodes, I suddenly remembered that I made stir-fried ramen noodles that I haven’t posted here. I even cannot remember the ingredients I used. To satisfy the craving, I went to my long lost friend, Pinterest, and searched for a ramen noodle soup. The first thing that made my tummy rumbled was this 20-Minute Spicy Sriracha Ramen Noodle Soup. I instantly made this with no hesitation.
I really loved how this turned out – spicy, delicious and filling. The process of making this – easy peasy. The poached egg just made my cooking life miserable. 😀 I think I took longer time in poaching eggs than making the ramen itself. Haha! I added squid balls because I love them in my soup, but that is completely optional.
Sriracha Ramen Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ripe and firm tomato, chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 300 ml water
- 700 ml vegetable broth (or 700 ml water + 1 ½ veggie cube)
- 10 squid balls (optional)
- ½ tbps soy sauce
- 2 packages ramen noodles (seasoning packet discarded)
- Spring onions, sliced
- Coriander, roughly chopped
- Salt, or to taste
- Poached eggs (optional)
- In a pot with medium heat, add cooking oil.
- Add in onion, tomato, ginger and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add in garlic powder and sriracha. Cook for a minute.
- Turn of the heat and add in 300 ml water. Place the mixture to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Put back the mixture to the pot and turn on the heat.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, squid balls (if using) and simmer for 8 minutes. By this time, you may do a taste test and adjust accordingly.
- Add ramen noodles and simmer until the noodles are cooked.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the soup into bowls and garnish with sliced spring onion and cilantro. You can also top with poached eggs or soft boiled eggs.
- Serve and enjoy immediately! 😉
Source recipe: 20-Minute Spicy Sriracha Ramen Noodle Soup
This can be served in two large bowls or three medium bowls.
You can start with 1 tbsp sriracha and when you do a test taste, you can add more if desired.
Have a fantastic weekend and happy Fiesta Friday! 😉
Also sharing at