Cookies that are made with graham crackers – yeah! So crisp on the edges and soft inside – buttery and not too sweet. Perfect for a cup of tea!
So here I am again, saving Mr. Graham Crackers. I didn’t want anything related to s’mores this time. Let me say that I want Mr. Graham Crackers to be the star. I spent hours searching for recipes that I think could be great and one of the things I found is a recipe for Graham Cracker cookies. At first, I had doubts at myself. When I saw how easy it is to make and by imagining how these would turn out, I was sold.
These turned amazing! The cookies are not to sweet and it has a buttery flavor – wow! I gave away some and they all loved the cookies! They didn’t believe it was made with graham crackers. For me, these are fantastic with a cup of tea. Well, a tea lover here! 😀
Please do join us by clicking the image below and do not forget to mention in your post that you are linking up to Fiesta Friday party so you can be selected for the feature. And please, please be nice and polite by saying “hi” to our host, Angie, to your co-hosts and to some (if not all) party goers. Besides, this is a party. So bring out that chatter in you. 😉
Graham Cracker Cookies
- 15 sheets graham crackers (you need about 2 cups of crumbs)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F, placing the rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor with the blade attachment, pulse the graham crackers until you get a sandy texture. You can also place them in a large ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In the bowl with graham cracker crumbs, add white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix to incorporate.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop out dough (or about 1 1/2 tbsp) and roll using your palms to shape into a ball. Place into the lined baking sheet, making sure to give them enough space away from each other (about 2 inches apart).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges turned light brown. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Using an offset spatula, remove from the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack to cool further.
Source recipe: Graham Cracker Cookies by The Kitchn
Note: This can be kept in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. I finished these on the same day! 😀
Also sharing at