One pan dish with ground with mixed veggies spiced with just simple and few ingredients that is a Whole30 compliant dish. So filling and delicious!
For the first time in months, I am having 3 days off from work. I am so excited! I am thinking of relaxing, but if you know me well, I am like an energizer bunny. In order for me to take a rest is unplug my switch or remove my battery. Whenever I plan to do that, I end up getting bored and find myself in the kitchen. I try to convince myself to just read books or watch movies, but even I do such things, I still feel bored. My friends tell me I have too much energy that I need to give some of it to them. No way! Why would I? I need full energy when I need to chop veggies. You know how much I hate chopping veggies. No matter how few, as long as the task is chopping, I hate it. There are exceptions, though. Like if I know how the veggies would make the dish happier, I’d gladly use 50% of my energy in chopping. Like this one:
This beef and vegetable hash includes carrots, mushrooms, zucchini and spinach. You can add more veggies you like or you can replace. This is a one-pan dish and doesn’t take much time or energy from you. I enjoyed this one with s crisp sunny side up egg. If later you have leftovers, this can be reheated in a microwave or can be turned into breakfast muffins. Just place mixture in a muffin pan, add eggs, salt & pepper, then bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.
Beef and Vegetable Hash
- 1 tbsp EV olive oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup brown mushroom, chopped
- ½ cup zucchini
- 250g ground beef, lean/low fat
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach
- In a bowl, place beef, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, add carrots and water. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet with medium heat, add ghee and sauté onions until caramelized. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add carrots, mushroom and zucchini. Cooked until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- On the same skillet, add in olive oil. Add beef mixture, breaking up into smaller pieces.
- When the beef is cooked, return back the cooked veggies along with baby spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Season again with salt and pepper, if needed. And adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Serve with sunny side up eggs with crisp edges! Yum!
Enjoy your weekend, people! Happy Fiesta Friday!💃🏻
Also sharing at