These brownie bites are frosted with melted cookies and cream kisses. Every bottom has mini Oreo and can be topped with another mini Oreo, too. These will surely end your brownie cravings.
They are pretty and delicious, aren’t they?
Pretty? Yes. Delicious? Absolutely!
I love brownies in any form. When I saw this recipe from Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust, I knew I had to try them. And with those beautiful kisses on top, I also knew they would be superb! Mine didn’t turn out the way I imagined them to be.
I envisioned them with sturdy cookies and cream kisses, but I completely messed up!
Being me, I knew I can’t stand the thought of waiting for the kisses to harden up again before I could enjoy them. Well, I tried… but I obviously, it didn’t last. After few minutes of waiting, I tried to fit the baking pan in the freezer which caused the soft kisses to shake and you know what happens next. Yes, the kisses slowly lost it’s shape (read: I messed up). The usual impatient me. Sigh!
Then a not-so-crazy, brilliant idea – make the kisses a frosting. They would still be pretty, I thought. And indeed they are!
These are brownies in super cute form with mini Oreos at the bottom. Of course, there should be brownie batter to be called brownie bites, yeah? Then there’s the cookies and cream kisses on top which melted by force due to the action of an impatient lady (no other than me, of course), though, unintentionally. Ehem!
I am happy that these turned out perfectly delish – heaven in every bite. The brownie part is so fudgy! Of course, everything is perfect! It’s like this recipe is perfectly made for me! Perfect for all cookies and cream and brownie lovers! Did I just use the word ‘perfect’ too much? Well, that’s because these are so perfect that I even haven’t thought of the ‘fallen’ kisses after I took the first bite. This recipe makes enough for you and some to give away. Hmm, I prefer keeping everything to yourself. Oooppss!🙊
You can, of course, skip the flattening of the kisses and make them beautifully standing like the one Dorothy did. They are absolutely prettier. However, just in case you’ll misplace your patience along the way, you can do what I did or whatever you can think of. I won’t judge!😁
Cookies and Cream Frosted Brownie Bites
- 24-28 mini Oreos
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24-28 Cookies ‘n’ Creme Hershey’s Kissed, unwrapped (if you wish to top them with another mini Oreos, you may double the quantity)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously spray mini cupcake pan with cooking spray. Place mini one mini Oreo in each hole. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla and coffee mixture.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix using a spatula, making sure not to overtax them.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or 1 tbsp), place in batter into the muffin hole over each mini Oreos.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the top doesn’t look too glossy.
- Remove from the oven and leave untouched for 1 minute.
- Place one kisses on top of each brownie bites and leave for another 10 minutes.
- Using another mini Oreo, you can now flatten the kisses. (You can also use the back of the spoon)
Note: You can keep the shape of the kisses, definitely. Please follow Crazy for Crust’s recipe/instruction from the link below:
Source recipe: Cookies ‘n Cream Brownie Bites by Crazy for Crust
Also sharing at