This is probably one of the quickest and easiest dish you can prepare. The combination of beef and corn is simply scrumptious. You might need more rice.
I have the tendency to dislike food and not to try them at all when somebody tells me the taste is not that “wow” or if I have tasted something close previously and did not like how it tasted.
I have tried pepper corn & beef before when at the airport and starving to death. That was the only dish looked appealing to me. When I tasted it, it was too pepper-y – more like it was called pepper-y pepper & pepper than pepper corn & beef. From that moment, no matter how pepper corn & beef looked mouth-watering to me, the eye contact between me and the photo never lasted that long. I always run away.
Not until few days ago… For how many years of running away from pepper corn & beef, I finally met the one made my eyes sparkle and my tummy rumbling.
Ahh, the taste was amazing – balance between salty, sweet & pepper-y. I apologize to all pepper corn & beef I’ve met before, but I’ve met my soulmate… and we’re engaged! 😀
But for now, I am sharing this with all my friends and bringing this dish at Fiesta Friday #151. Thanks for keeping this party going, Angie!
I got more rice for you, so help yourself. 😉
Pepper Corn and Beef
- 500g ground beef, low fat, washed and drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp onions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup corn kernel
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, to garnish (I used about tsp)
- Spring onions, sliced, to garnish
- In a skillet or pot, add ground beef. Cook until almost dry.
- Add oil and butter. Cook until butter is melted.
- Add garlic and onion. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add corn, soy sauce, water, honey, oyster sauce, salt and 1 tsp ground black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Do a taste test and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish with spring onions and another 1 tsp ground black pepper. Add more if desired.
- Serve with cooked white rice.
Source recipe: Pepper Corn & Beef by Filipino Style Recipe
Happy holidays to all!
I am also bringing this dish at