For the past few days, I’ve been struggling with the meals I prepare including my breakfast and lunch at my workplace. I’ve been eating store-bought meals for years and most of them are on the naughty side. So lately… I’ve been thinking of one dish in which I could use in more than one meal.
Now, let’s talk about grilled chicken. Personally, I love chicken thighs – the one sweet and spicy, to be specific. But… I’ve been trying my best to eat more chicken breast than thighs now. Don’t be too happy – this might last for only few days. 😛 So there are grilled chicken that is only good for salad or rice or you know, just one meal. Then my hungry brain told me to search for a good grilled chicken recipe that’s good for everything.
This grilled chicken is good for salad, pasta, wraps, tacos, sandwich and so much more – you just have to be creative. 😉 I found a lovely marinade recipe and made the few adjustments and it tasted wonderful.
I hope my friends at Fiesta Friday # 155 would find this wonderful, too. Thanks, Angie, for keeping this party going. Lots of love to you!
All-Purpose Grilled Chicken
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 chicken breasts (best if pounded to 1/2 inch thick)
- In a jug, mix all ingredients except chicken.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag or a bowl. Pour in the marinade and keep inside the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Grill for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
The chicken can be grilled over charcoal, electric grill, in a grill pan/cast iron pan or under a broil.
This can be served with salad, pasta, rice and also as a filling for sandwich and wraps.
Happy weekend to all of you! Don’t forget to make someone smile today. 😉
I am also sharing this at